Discuss The One Show - Rated People in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

Adam W

There's an item on the One Show at the moment about Rated people and how their ratings aren't always what they seem.
It's nearly finished now, but you can still watch it on iplayer.

Saw it earlier, they got done for £43k didn't they? All by a builder they found on RP who had tonnes of gleaming fake reviews.

The scams are everywhere!!

The exact reason I don't give none of these clowns a penny of my money. Rated People, Checkatrade, Trust a trader etc...

Nowt but money grabbing scumbags in suits ripping off the odd decent tradesmen on their sites and providing the public with mostly sheeite cowboys!

I used a mate last year for our heating system on our refurb - when it was done he asked me if I'd do a rating for check-a-trade.

So me being me gave them 8's and 9's - mainly because they didn't turn up when they said and were extremely untidy.

He wasn't happy!

Good job he was a mate else I would have given lower marks.

How can anyone believe trade reviews when they are all 10's??

In giving him a 9 you will have knocked him a long way down the list on their website!

My mate the plumber who is, despite being a plumber, pretty good, is a member of checker trade and he gets in such a panic about ensuring that he gets all 10s. I saw how bad it affected his rating when he got a review with a couple of 9s, it's ridiculous.
He feels pressured to do so much work for free just to kiss peoples arses and get the 10s.

In giving him a 9 you will have knocked him a long way down the list on their website!

My mate the plumber who is, despite being a plumber, pretty good, is a member of checker trade and he gets in such a panic about ensuring that he gets all 10s. I saw how bad it affected his rating when he got a review with a couple of 9s, it's ridiculous.
He feels pressured to do so much work for free just to kiss peoples arses and get the 10s.

Having seen how he deals with some of his clients, I'm surprised that any give him 10's - I do wonder if a "discount" at the end is part of the deal!

Why doesn't he just rewrite the cards that the customer fills in word for word, tick the 'tens' and send those ones off instead? It'd be a lot easier, and he'd only be doing what everyone else is on there! Occasionally it can help to take an 'if you can't beat 'em join 'em' attitude.

There will be even more of these scams to watch out for soon. I mean, all those sh!t talking sales scum from phones4u are gonna have to end up somewhere....

Reply to The One Show - Rated People in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net