Search the forum,

Discuss THE Quit Smoking Thread in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

I heard or read that the first couple of puffs on a ciggy is about all the body NEEDS to suppress the cravings.

So, if thats the case it seems you need to stop FULL STOP.

Tis only what i had read though.

Don't know if this thread is continuing but I've decided to give up on the sixth. I've been smoking for about 18 years now and I go through 30 a day. I'm going to try the inhalers again, I had some success before with them and gave up for 5 days until I went to the pub and thought one cig won't hurt, that was 7 years ago and I'm still smoking! No more from the 6th, I'll keep you up dated. Thanks for the advice

Good Luck Paul! I'm right behind you on the 10th, gives me first 4 days on my own, so I won't be biting anyone who comes near ;)

Well done guys!

Firmly sitting on the maybe fence at this moment. Jury is thoroughly out on whether it's a good idea or not - I'm fine with it, everyone else is not, so far....

In a randomly conducted poll today, with complete anonymity not assured, promised, or given, I've sacked, um, everyone, today (at least twice) for saying I'd be worse than the living dead if I quit. It seems that there are two things my staff make sure I have before they even think of talking to me.....a cigarette and a large latte/other coffee.

The poll was unanimous - with the most popular response being "hahahahahahahaha".....which I found mildy hurtful :(

Apparently, I don't approach being human before the fifth coffee, and the sixth smoke. And even then......

You can tell my staff really appreciate me, and all the well meant guidance I give them each day :D

Against that, 41 in a few days time, one cardiac arrest under my belt, not much hair, fat gut, empty wallet, shocking dress sense, failing eyesight, a 20 hour a day work habit, c/o my parents for the moment......wow! I just realised how great my life is! LOL! Where's that FML site?

Who knows.......definitely maybe.

I wish you guys the very best of will and luck, and I may yet see you on the former smoker side yet...... :)

Well done both of you! Good luck.

Bill probably not on your mind at the moment but 25 year old chicks don't dig smokers. Just putting it out there....

I like smoking
I may eventually pay a price for doing so,I average 20 ish a day for the last 50 years and can still monkey around an attic with the best of them (and I have a full head of non grey hair) :)

I wish anyone who gives up, all the success in their efforts,but I liken my smoking to that attic monkey above
Would you want him outside the forest not swinging on the trees he so loves, or, swinging away, even with the danger of falling out of one of those dangerous trees :eek:

I'm not on here defending the habit,but its not the "cast iron solid" monster it is sometimes made out to be
Expensive,yes.
Health hazard,most probably
Positives,none for a person who has never smoked.for the avid smoker,there are some

By the way/I am the only one in my home that does,so I am the proverbial leper as well

Outside puff puff shiver puff shiver ah that was nice :)

Quit today at 11am. Havent felt the urge at all allday which is quite surprising when I average 25 a day. Heres hoping I can stick at it. Good luck to the rest of you guys.

Well done both of you! Good luck.

Bill probably not on your mind at the moment but 25 year old chicks don't dig smokers. Just putting it out there....

LMAO! Staying away from 20 somethings! The x just turned 27...... (yeah!) ......so looking for someone more mature now - at least 27 1/2!

You're right though - it's not a good look any more - suppose I'd better stop wearing tank tops, flares, and mo's too lol!

It may well happen yet.....not, I quickly add, because I want a 25 year old lol, but it might just be the difference between the Onkyo AV receiver I fell in love with last night while online window shopping.......a mere £2k worth.......Home Cinema Heaven - will go verrrry nicely with the KEF 3005's I've long decided on.

Quit today at 11am. Havent felt the urge at all allday which is quite surprising when I average 25 a day. Heres hoping I can stick at it. Good luck to the rest of you guys.

VERY well done you mate - keep at it!

Remember, you've made it this far since the last one, so you CAN do a bit more. Easily.

Well done fella!

Guys,

I'm off the smokes 3 years this march. I promise to all of you that the first 48hrs are the hardest, and after the 2 week mark it's all purely psychological !!

Keep at it!!

i paid £150 to get hypnotized with a 2 year guarantee ,which worked fine for about 8 months ,I even started training for the marathon which is unheard of , I went back a few times to get reprogrammed which worked briefly. Its the new year now and i have not smoked or drank for 3 days, I always thought I could never give up as I have been smoking big time for easily over 30 years. I could not believe how easy it was to give up after being hypnotized. It is defo just in the head after the cravings have gone, Can I wish everyone all the best in packing up the dreaded weed, One Day At A Time Works For me

Still going strong here from Tueday. I know it doesnt seem much but it is the longest I have ever went.

Have had the odd urge, like yesterday after dinner I went out the back to have a smoke then wondered where my cigs were:p

its Friday night I would usually be in the pub now and outside smoking , neither has happened tonight , i still have a soar throat and a cough from xmas, Good Luck All

I kicked it using the 'champix' tablets. Last febuary the 1st. i smoked for 25 years.and to be fair ( on my wife and kids firstly )its the best decision as an adult i have made so far.
I never new the smell of 'old' smoke , on the breath , smelt SO rank... How i think cancer/or death smells..
anyone giving giving-up a go..then good for them AND there family/friends. All the best x

it has been about 8 months for me but i will admit a few puffs in between when i was pareletic ,this was my forth atempt after 20 years smoking,
i now cant stand smokers and hold my breath blatently when i go past them, why should i have to imbibe the filthy stuff.
apart from the drinking i have become a bit of health freik now and love my local gym and pampering my lungs after the batering they have been under over the years.
so hopefully it wont be cancer that kills me in the end but probably liver failure as i now have more money to get hamered when i want to.
ps i know you no it but you smokers smell awful.

Reply to THE Quit Smoking Thread in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock