Discuss The subatomic concept of amper, after hitting a resistance. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have a fundamental question about the current

My question is: why after hitting the protons of a resistor and thus reducing the voltage and the speed of electrons; (voltage is the distance between the electrons which the distance is smaller than the balance between two electrons which do not affect each other at all) the current (the amount of electrons passing by a section of cable in one second in coulomb) does not reduce? Cause the number of electrons passing by a section of cable in one second with a reduced speed should also get reduced.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201013-194255.png
    673.6 KB · Views: 5
For any conductor, the 'speed' electrons move through it (drift velocity) is proportional to current density and inversely proportional to the number of free electrons per unit volume. They might 'speed up' or 'slow down' individually but they cannot collect at any point (Kirchhoff's first law), therefore the number passing each point along the conductor in unit time must be equal and by definition that is the current.

Why i=2 A, when a resistor has reduced the energy and thus the speed of the electrons passing through the resistor (a resistor reduces both voltage and current)?? Why the current still equals 2 amper?

Attachments

• 20201013_224036.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 6
A resistor does not reduce either voltage or current or speed or anything. When a potential difference is applied across it, electrons flow through it at a rate such that I=V/R. That is how its resistance is defined. If you apply 1.5V across something and 2A flows, the resistance is said to be 1.5/2=0.75Ω.

I think you are confusing the kinetic energy of the electrons that is part of the internal energy of the mass of the conductor and does not change, with their electrical potential energy that is converted into heat as the electrons move along the potential gradient.

A resistor does not reduce either voltage or current or speed or anything. When a potential difference is applied across it, electrons flow through it at a rate such that I=V/R. That is how its resistance is defined. If you apply 1.5V across something and 2A flows, the resistance is said to be 1.5/2=0.75Ω.

I think you are confusing the kinetic energy of the electrons that is part of the internal energy of the mass of the conductor and does not change, with their electrical potential energy that is converted into heat as the electrons
You are wrong sir. Resiator reduces the kinetic energy and thus the speed of the electron. And if you do not know about it, it's because nobody has thought such things so deep in the university. You can search in the quora and there you can find that out that a resistor reduces the current and velocity BOTH!

Prince of Persia, you sure know how get on the wrong side of people.

The speed of electron movement (drift velocity) is very small compared to the speed of electricity.

Basically it is like tap water: when you turn on a tap, etc, there is a pressure wave that travels at the speed of sound in water, but the actual flow of water is much slower.

If you look it to it in more detail, what is curious is the speed of electricity is normally determined by the insulator, not the conductor. As the EM wave that represents the speed at which actions propagate is guided by the two conductors and travels within the insulating medium.

If it gets out then you have a radio wave...

@pc1966, your observations are true wherever the normal laws of physics apply. But there are places on earth, such as the caves in which trolls dwell and the comments sections of YouTube videos posted by magnet-twirling free-energy fruitcakes, where physics is turned on itself like a Möbius Ouroboros. I have seen what lies there and I do not wish to return.

@pc1966, your observations are true wherever the normal laws of physics apply. But there are places on earth, such as the caves in which trolls dwell and the comments sections of YouTube videos posted by magnet-twirling free-energy fruitcakes, where physics is turned on itself like a Möbius Ouroboros. I have seen what lies there and I do not wish to return.

Joseph Newman fans come to mind.

Reply to The subatomic concept of amper, after hitting a resistance. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net