Discuss The Thread closed thread in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Des 56

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I just read a very entertaining thread where the question was posed ?????????????

At first glance there appeared to be no constructive sentence,no real question,no requested reply and very little in the way of information provided

After some very deep thinking,some respected members were digging away and making constructive suggestions as to the missing content
The thread was being prised open like a can of spaggetti and great progress was being made
The originator of the thread would have been under great pressure to respond and confirm or deny the suppositions being made

With this in mind and scenarios and difficult problems being solved,the thread was entertaining and was progressing in leaps and bounds
Then,the hammer of Thaw was wielded and for no good reason the thread was pulled

Now it may have seemed from a sober point of view,to have been meaningless and perhaps using up important capacity of the server but nevertheless,threads like these do have a place on a forum
There are on this forum, many repetative threads that are asking questions which also seem to be meaning less in their frequency and content
In these threads the perpetrator also gives little if any content,information and in instances make little or no sense

The question now asked,is why was the thread pulled ?
Is humour and frivolity not part and parcel of the forum content, or must all threads, as described, and the wider repative threads now have to contain a level of information and sense in order to qualify for continued inclusion

Dare I ask this question, or will the utter nerve and cheek of the act warrent exclusion on the grounds of having a sense of humour

I have to admit Des. I found the closing of the thread to be a little odd. He could have just moved it into chit chat.

Considering the thread starter is one of the most respected sparks on here a little more time for him to return should have been granted, however the Mods have a job to do.

Come on over to the Dark Side ......... it's more "relaxed" over there. :yes::8:
But this is the dark side so i'm told.
I find the other 2 major electrical forums (cant name them or the thread will be censored/closed/locked/deleted) are more relaxed & not censored to such a dictatorial degree as other forums, so much so that they are in fact self policed by the members. Unless some serious & uncalled for abuse happens then; as they should the mods step in.

Now having used free speech I await a suspension:frown2:

tghe question arises then, as newtons law states: for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. OK, so far?. so therefore, if there is a dark side, there must be an equal and opposite dark side.

taking this theory to a logical conculsion, on the light side, we have sparks, and to balance nature, each dark side must be equally dark. on one dark side we have plumbers, and on the other, kitchen fitters. so the balance is preserved.

Sigh!,

It was me who closed the thread!, why is it on this forum everything a mod does is questioned, a new thread opened and then the actions debated to death.

The post was a waste of time, if I had have been posted by a newbie then it would have been deleted and the member banned for spamming. However as it was a respected and very well liked member, I asked if there was a point and after no reply closed the thread the next day.

Was there a point to the thread ??, I doubt it, if it's really that precious to you please let me know and I will re open it.

...they are in fact self policed by the members. Unless some serious & uncalled for abuse happens then; as they should the mods step in.
"Self-policing" seems to consist of telling someone who is asking a basic question to call an electrician before they do some damage, which can quite often lead to "I thought this was supposed to be an advice forum well you're not using the forum for it's intended purpose" which can spiral out of control into something like "All electricians are nasty and big-headed, I was effectively invited here to ask a question and when I did I was shot down in flames for the purpose of massaging someone's ego."
Better to nip it in the bud IMO.

Sigh!,

It was me who closed the thread!, why is it on this forum everything a mod does is questioned, a new thread opened and then the actions debated to death.

The post was a waste of time, if I had have been posted by a newbie then it would have been deleted and the member banned for spamming. However as it was a respected and very well liked member, I asked if there was a point and after no reply closed the thread the next day.

Was there a point to the thread ??, I doubt it, if it's really that precious to you please let me know and I will re open it.

Yes please because I got a second Hangman guess...lol
M?RR???R???M???????M???M????R???

Reply to The Thread closed thread in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net