Discuss Tilers Forums Updated in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
Checkout TilersForums.co.uk | tile advice and tiling forum - I've upgraded it and switched it over to the best forum software going, XenForo.

It's a really really good forum and the responsive design works really well. Some forum software comes with responsive designs that are a bit clunky and you can't pinch and zoom and whatnot.

Please check it out and let me know what you think. I'll be switching this forum over to it eventually. I just need to monitor how Google treats the change to see if I can improve the time it takes for them to pick up the new URL's and whatnot.

Checkout TilersForums.co.uk | tile advice and tiling forum - I've upgraded it and switched it over to the best forum software going, XenForo.

It's a really really good forum and the responsive design works really well. Some forum software comes with responsive designs that are a bit clunky and you can't pinch and zoom and whatnot.

Please check it out and let me know what you think. I'll be switching this forum over to it eventually. I just need to monitor how Google treats the change to see if I can improve the time it takes for them to pick up the new URL's and whatnot.

quick q do our log info get passed between forums eg could i log onto ^^^ without registering again?

thnx again :)

I'm afraid your log-in details and account names don't carry across between the other forums, you'll need to make an account from scratch. Same with the plumbing forum also.

The layout is very similar really. And the design is far better from a designers point of view. It's also user customisable so the members can change the colours and even background images for the whole forum etc.

IMG_1139.jpg IMG_1138.jpg

Viewing on a mobile or tablet is awesome compared to here.

Other than push notifications, it renders tapatalk useless.

The thing is with this version of vbulletin that we use here, it uses Tables in the design which isn't the done thing now. Now it's all about CSS styling. Website are getting penalised in search engines for having older less mobile friendly websites. So it's got to happen sooner or later.

The feedback from members physically using it is really great.

New Forum Software - New Style - New Features | TilersForums.co.uk | tile advice and tiling forum

You'll notice the first few as soon as I did it didn't seem to like it, then as they used it they all loved it.

No, I just don't like it.

You asked for feedback, I don't like it. Sorry it's not more constructive.

That's fair enough. :)

Can't please them all perhaps. I think you'll enjoy the browsing and posting experience. It's light years ahead of this old clunky thing.

Dan, trying to register to have a look but can't. I'm filling everything in but keep getting these messages.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 23
Nope it's still the same.

What browser are you using? I've just registered a test account fine, and others have been registering too. Wondering if it's browser-related.

Been using safari. Will try IE or chrome tomorrow.

IE worked first time no hitches. Yes to be fair I thought it was a bit animated to begin with but the more I'm browsing the more I like it. It seems to be a lot more user friendly once you start to get to grips with it. Also works well on iPhone and iPad.

Last edited:
I'd changed VBSEO to DrangonByteSEO and it screwed my search rankings. Never seen such utter crap. I'd paid for it too, really expensive for what it is. Now I've switched to XenForo forum software which is awesome and all built in, they've come straight back to where they should be within a week.

Reply to Tilers Forums Updated in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net