Discuss Toughen up on 'incompetent' electricians, say MPs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Thanks sparky chick for the vote of confidence . I really don't want to come across as someone that doesn't support women because I have 2 daughters but some woman's agendas are really transparent

As I said, my preference is to work with men (and believe it or not, this is a more common view than you might be lead to believe - personally I love the banter) and I can honestly say that professionally I've only encountered a very small number of men who were truly sexist, so I don't buy into the narrative that all men are sexist.

If I were to rate myself on the feminist rating, I'd put myself as a second wave feminist... I believe in equality of opportunity and equal pay for equal work (I don't agree with things like Ms.... I'm not married so it's Miss. - but that of course is sexist somehow - I don't object to men holding the door for me and I'm usually pretty impressed when it happens... well that and I think either they need their eyes testing or I'm that scarey, and I have no problem if someone wants to call me love, chick, madam, Miss or anything else like that). I think most people who call themselves feminists nowadays (particularly the younger ones) are third wave feminists who firmly believe in equality of outcome (although they believe we still don't have equality of opportunity) which is why there is an increasing demand for 50/50 splits in staffing.

I don't agree with any form of 'encouraging' certain groups of people into certain professions. The generation of which I am a part in my immediate family all went into the software industry in various roles (1 software/hardware engineer [me], 2 software engineers and 1 computer game artist/level designer). It's a 50/50 split boys and girls. We were all allowed by our parents to pick paths that interested us and they encouraged us when we demonstrated we were serious about our intentions. The gender imbalances that exist in the various industries/occupations are a direct result of life choices (those we make ourselves and also those made by our parents and other adults who were an active part of our formative years) and the instincts instilled in us by our biology and the fundamental differences in them between men and women (heaven forbid you dare to suggest that men and women are different and that this can account for why we are better suited to certain job roles - If you're not familiar with this narrative, look up "James Damore Memo" on Google - He got fired for suggesting such a thing... at Google).

I would advise you do a bit of research about things like the gender pay gap so you can rebuff any indoctrination that occurs during their school/college/university years. The gender pay gap for example is demonstrably a lie that uses carefully selected statistics that make it appear there is an imbalance.

And regardless of their objections... teach them some basic skills like basic motor mechanics, basic DIY... they'll thank you for it when they aren't being ripped off by unscrupulous men who think women don't know anything about such things (most typically garage mechanics with what is a fairly safe assumption).

@SparkyChick shows not all women have lost the plot on all this rights nonsense,
the stuff i dont get is this transgender lark, people saying they are gender fluid!? Some left wing labour nut was on radio this week saying that to misgender somebody should be a hate crime like racially abusive language and result in diversity awareness courses.. the commies called it re-education! at least the government have seen sense and delayed possibly permanently the idea of being able to pop down the registry office without having ever seen a shrink or psychologist and deciding to change your gender... would have caused many a problem, but since justine greene has been booted from cabinet its been abandoned.

I'm with you on the gender fluidity issue. It's complete and utter craziness and it appears to be a means by which one can become a victim... a member of a protected group (in this case, the misappropriated term 'transgendered').

It seems it's mostly young women who are butch and young men who are effeminate (to varying degrees). Complete and utter nonsense especially when they start spouting garbage like 'assigned male at birth'... implying it was an arbitrary decision by the midwife... how dare she decide that baby is a boy when he's got his bits a dangling like a little boy should!

Anyhow enough of this PC social justice warrior garbage... the dark side is starting to emerge... I'm feeling the need to throw heavy objects at anyone who spouts this garbage. I need to calm down otherwise I won't sleep and I need to sleep... non-licenced asbestos works training tomorrow :)

p.s. @Spoon sorry if some of the words are bit big ;)

Just a bit more sorting.
You know what will be the next development will be don't you? Electrical Trainee Politicians courses, you know like DPs Domestic politicians, CPs and IPs there will be City and Guilds courses for every one, Political Forums where traineesPoliticians can ask daft questions before they go to Whitehall, to make bigger fools of themselves than they already are.

Just a bit more sorting.
You know what will be the next development will be don't you? Electrical Trainee Politicians courses, you know like DPs Domestic politicians, CPs and IPs there will be City and Guilds courses for every one, Political Forums where traineesPoliticians can ask daft questions before they go to Whitehall, to make bigger fools of themselves than they already are. Sorry for the double post Admin can you remove one please.

You know what will be the next development will be don't you? Electrical Trainee Politicians courses, you know like DPs Domestic politicians, CPs and IPs there will be City and Guilds courses for every one, Political Forums where traineesPoliticians can ask daft questions before they go to Whitehall, to make bigger fools of themselves than they already are.
Well, all these Electrical Trainee's are paying for private tuition....so not too far off, eh? Public schools jumping on the gravy train, maybe.

Just switched the News on, we all know the NHS is in the cack, but apparently it's getting worse before it gets better, electrical trainee Health Care workers are on the cards??

Reply to Toughen up on 'incompetent' electricians, say MPs in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net