Discuss Tradeskills4u: Bronze Domestic Installer Course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

The schemes got around this by allowing the DI to do the 1 day 2393 exam :mad:
By allowing the what Lee? you having trouble with your fingers today
So is it the government that is allowing this then?
Well they sanction all these schemes, but only after one of theirs had a nasty experience with a cowboy sparky.

Yikes !!!
I trained down under so I did 2392 to get familiar with things back here. Bought the guide, read it, sat the exam. Took 15mins to rattle through 30 odd questions with open book. How could that be equivalent to 2 years work experience?
That's progress for you Wilko

year of experience = knowledge+skills
Although for skills there is no shortcut you just have to practice for knowledge there is: books! It's true you can't become an electrician in 3 weeks because it's just to much information but I don't see why a dedicated person should lose 4 years on apprenticeship because there is a lot of repetition and redundant tasks; more important is to have a good teacher and proper study materials witch indeed are hard to find.
Let me ask something: if you would have to teach your son/nephew/friend to be an electrician and have time, access to installations and books in how much time do you think he will get to 80-90% of your lifetime experience? I'm guessing 1-2 years max. It's not about time but quality!

And back to topic is this course worth the time and money? Not expecting to became an electrician at the end of it but getting closer. :)

Reply to Tradeskills4u: Bronze Domestic Installer Course in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net