Discuss Type of supply tncs or tt in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

newfutile

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ukpn have put a supply in for us to feed an outside cabinet, which will eventually supply foul water, sewage pump's.

They have supplied an earth but they have refused a meter until we supply a TT earth and a 30 ma rcd.

I have now done this and I measured 20 ohms between our earth and there's.

Has anyone come across anything like this before?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230412_143559_Gallery.jpg
    411 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20230412_143606_Gallery.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 59
I think he did mention that it’s classed as temporary,even though it’s not really and once we have the pumps I will wire them to there own rcbo, I only fitted a socket for convenience and so UKPN can do a polarity test.

Ukpn have put a supply in for us to feed an outside cabinet, which will eventually supply foul water, sewage pump's.

They have supplied an earth but they have refused a meter until we supply a TT earth and a 30 ma rcd.

I have now done this and I measured 20 ohms between our earth and there's.

Has anyone come across anything like this before?
What's their Ze and your Ra

My guess is that they'll have provided a TNCS supply but as far as they're concerned it's still a building site, for which TNCS is prohibited, hence why you need a temporary TT with RCD in place.

Reply to Type of supply tncs or tt in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

The earthing arrangement where the hot tub will be installed is formed in the TN-C-S system. I want to install the sub-main distribution circuit...
Replies
Views
I have added a consumer unit and an earth stake to this so called temporary supply. This is a full rcbo board apart from the mcb to the spd...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Long time member and not a regular user here. I do pop in here when the odd unknown pop's up and unable to locate an electrical dilemma...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Grateful for your expertise regarding my confusion on the below. Context: French rural domestic property Single phase supply, TT...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi there, I’m a new member to the forum and felt like I could do with some additional insight into a fault I came across on a call-out at the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock