Discuss Under floor heating tests? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

U

ukpablo

Anybody seen these for the guarentee?

Was unsure how to test.

did a resistance test (R1)......instructions gave a predicted resistace per matt, added these together and recorded on guarentee...........this was spot on a confirmed continuity of matts used.......was a lil stuck for ir test?

would this not give a short cct reading?

any advice would be great.

also any other pointers would be great?

:D

As far as I know and thats not much on this subject

The tests of continuity reading and insulation resistance are recorded initially before laying,then when they are bedded in adhesive and or overlayed
Its's probably just to verify they were OK before their use and are still ok afterwards

The insulation resistance would have to be done with live and neutral together and tested to earth
Connect up and
Power on for short period,then increase in steps daily till they are fully dried out

Make sure the stat can carry the full load current of your mats,use a contactor if it wont
The stat shouldn't be too close to a wall
If you have multiple mats,I have used a socket box to link them all and just one cable then to that stat

Thats about all I know on the subject

as des ,the cables to the heat mats on the one i have done has a braide screen so when i did my IR tests on these i joined the L and E together and tested from there do not ir test the sensor cable ,and make sure the control box is disconnected , three continuity tests were carried out and recorded on the log and one IR test

I install under floor heating and they insist on three test to validate their lifetime guarantee , they ask for an initial test prior to install. Then a test when laid just before tiles go down then finally a test after floor is laid. And all three results recorded on their guarantee provided.

Don't know why you bothered so much about all these tests. If heat mat fail they'll send you a new one under warranty. Are you gonna install it then? Mat is the cheapest part of the whole job, and warranty is only for mat. So if you get free mat will you be happy??

Don't know why you bothered so much about all these tests. If heat mat fail they'll send you a new one under warranty. Are you gonna install it then? Mat is the cheapest part of the whole job, and warranty is only for mat. So if you get free mat will you be happy??

After nearly 2 years since the post before yours, i'd hope his query has been dealt with by now.

Well, this is not just for him There is many people out there which can find this through google search and it might be useful for them. Otherwise what would be the point of keeping old posts. Should they be deleted once problem solved then?

Also, I'm trying to point out how useless warranty is. So it doesn't matter if they give you 2 years or ten years. You're not going to replace the mat anyway.

Reply to Under floor heating tests? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net