Discuss Venture 25W LED Panels in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
We have recently completed the installation of around 85 600x600 LED 25w Panels in a school, the panels are sited within ceiling grid which is fixed to timber framed walls and concrete slab (No Steelwork). We have today been called back due to another trade saying they have had an electric shock from the ceiling grid, We attended and checked for voltage on the ceiling grid (114v) we unplugged the lights and as we unplugged them 1 by 1 and it reduced the voltage as they were decreased - each fitting is currently leaking around 10-12v each DC. My question to you guys is apart from a faulty batch of fittings i cant seem to find a feasible answer to why there are around 12 fittings doing this, any ideas ?

DC leakage is odd, but possible if something conductive between the LEDs driven by a DC converter and the frame of the panel.

Do those LED panels have any CPC connection?

If so was it tested to actually be connected back to the MET?

Have you contacted the manufacturer about this, they may have the answer already or may know of a faulty batch of fittings or components and if they don't they will probably want to visit site to investigate

Reply to Venture 25W LED Panels in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

100 volts on a metal ceiling grid when measuring from the Met to the ceiling grid Only when lighting circuit (led panels ) is on it goes away if...
Replies
Views
I have purchased spotlights as below, but they are flickering when I dimmed them down to around 15-20%. We have installed 8 x ALUSSO LED Recessed...
Replies
Views
I’m replacing surface mounted fluorescent fittings for 1200 x 600 tamlite led panels, normally used as drop in’s for grid type suspended ceilings...
Replies
Views
Good morning and a very happy lockdown to all :) I'm using this tedious 'holiday' to fit a new suspended grid ceiling in my large open workshop...
Replies
Views
Greetings, First post here. Would be most grateful for any expertise available on this issue. I am trying to convert 2L fixtures to LEDs. They...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock