Discuss Veto pro pac which one? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Appreciate some opinions on these bags if youve got one guys, done know which one to go for! I think its either the lc or tech lc at the minute, my back twinges when i look at the xl online. Dilemma im having is without seeing these in the flesh im unsure i'll fit all my hand tools in the tech lc. Ive got a ck technician toolcase at the minute and its looking tired after 4 years, zips hanging off etc and even though i like the falldown flaps the centre does my head in as all little bits or old switches etc just get chucked in the centre and by tue end of the week it weighs a ton! And both flaps and every pocket has something in, and all the bigger hand tools like hammers, chisels, voltagetesters, headtorchs etc get thrown in the middle. Any sparks that do majority domestic work out of a tech lc?

cheers

Hi, The xxl? Or 2 xl's? How are you finding it, is it bit of a brute to lug about? The techpac is the rucksack isnt it? Ive been looking at that aswell but abit put off by an experience with a stanley rucksack, im trying to keep it compact as i can just for those callouts to the city centre when a match is on and parking is a nightmare i take the met and walk a mile to the apatments block Its a killer with the ck!

I've got the tech-xl which is great and I love it but it's just too heavy as I have too much in it. I'd like an ot next but might get another tech because beesleys have an offer on at the moment where if you buy a tech bag you get a free meter bag too, which is a very good deal. I don't think I'd entertain another brand now just wish they were a bit cheaper.

Ive got two of the OT-XL and they are the best thing ever, I would not recommend the XXL as its way to big and heavy when full.

I would never buy any other brand, they really are the very best, 100x the price of anything else but a 1000x better. You will not regret spending the money.

I've been eyeing up the vito Propac range for a while but can't bring myself to buy one.
ive been using a Ck magma tote I got from eddies for about 30 quid for the last year.
its a right good sparks tool bag tbh.
plenty screwdriver slots along the edge,spaces for pliers ,testers live in the end bit, head torch the opposite end.
held up well.
could do with getting the 10kg of screws and general ****e out if it but as a day to toolbox it's great.
the less required and heavy tools reside in a Stanley roller in the van btw.

The xl for me, I have 2 no. Xl. Ones fully loaded for domestic, commercial and industrial and quite heavy but manageable. The others for solar work and I just got a Klein backpack off my mate free which is ok but not the quality of veto but similar-ish price

Ahh just went to order the tech xl from beesleys and they're out of stock... Maybe its a sign lol
anyone know anyhere else? Google search brings up a tech xl being sold for £786... Bloody idiots.
thanks for the replies.

Ive slowly got her round to my way of thinking on workwear, tools etc. I should of taken a picture of her face when i took her into arco and she seen the price of snickers pants when i have 5 pairs!

but i think £180 on a tool bag would see her off haha!

Last edited:
Ive slowly got her round to my way of thinking on workwear, tools etc. I should of taken a picture of her face when i took her into arco and she seen the price of snickers pants when i have 5 pairs!

but i think £180 on a tool bag would see her off haha!
you should have made sure she spotted the price for the xtr craftsman and said there the cheaper version of mine...

Cheers mate, i ordered the tech xl, rang g&s to get a refund and totally forgot its bank holiday... I rang about 5 different ahops this morning and only found 1 shop with 1 in stock... And i wont get a refund most likely till late next week, gutted lol

Get it bought. Recently replaced a worn out XL with a tech XL. (about 9 or 10 years of punishment, knackered zips, rubber handle cushioning fell apart, one of the first ones sold here probably.)

Yes you can load the thing till it pulls your arm off and the bottom tends to fill with screws etc (the one thing it really lacks is a component tray/bits area) so you need to give it an up-ending and good shake regularly but that aside it's very ergonomic to carry as toolboxes go.

I agree, tech xl arrived wednesday. Filled it up ( all hand tools, smallorganiser box, silicone gun, silicone, 18v combi with long bits, hammer, bulky bolster with guard) it weighed a bloody tonne but was surprisingly comfy to carry. Not likely going to fill it up and walk again like that though today imstruggling to climb stairs at home my legs are aching that much, rather pay the extortion of towns parking fees. Also sent off for the free mb2 bag got the confirmation email today so we shall wait and see.

I agree, tech xl arrived wednesday. Filled it up ( all hand tools, smallorganiser box, silicone gun, silicone, 18v combi with long bits, hammer, bulky bolster with guard) it weighed a bloody tonne but was surprisingly comfy to carry. Not likely going to fill it up and walk again like that though today imstruggling to climb stairs at home my legs are aching that much, rather pay the extortion of towns parking fees. Also sent off for the free mb2 bag got the confirmation email today so we shall wait and see.
ive got the techpack and carrying combi+impact in one hand and sds in the other makes you weak at the knees going up/down stairs

(i keep 4 batteries+bits etc in normal drill box)

Reply to Veto pro pac which one? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net