Discuss virgin media and tv wiring in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

wrighty

-
Arms
Reaction score
alright folks,

Im in the process of buying my first house. The house needs some work doing especially a rewire. The home owner is a ive worked on a building site and seen it done before type of bloke. Will upload pics when sale goes through unless they have to get a CU change done, but in words the main switch on an old rewireable fuse box is broke, so hes jammed the Live into the open side of the fuse with i presume just the fuse carrier holding it in looks that way to power all ciruits, was shocked when i saw it, he even told me himself it was illegal. Not to mention highly dangerous as the fuse board is located under stairs which is used as storage aswell.

so anyway back to the reason for my post due to the above problem and me wanting sockets etc where i would like them im going to be rewiring the property. so during the rewire ill also be fitting an intruder alarm and tv points/virgin media. My problem is ive never done any tv points or anything myself before and im a bit lost for where to start. Basically im wanting TV/virgin media in the majority of rooms, now i know i can get a box from virgin for each room but that implies monthly charges, also i dont want to have the same channel on in every room.

So im hoping a few of you that are experienced in this field could help me out. My aim (not sure if its possible) is to run 2/3 boxes with possibly a couple of magic eyes like for sky to be able to change the channel from each room. The virgin coming into the property is located in the living room, Im looking at maybe 1 box in living room, and 1 in main bedroom, (3 bed property) can i distribute the signal from 1 room into a further 2? can i use magic eyes to change channel? and without sounding daft will normal flush coax plates suffice or is there a certain type i need for virgin media?

If above is possible i was thinking of running cables from each box to other bedrooms to give maximum channel options. So if my OH was watching tv downstairs i could watch something different in 1 of the other bedrooms or if she was watching in main bedroom i could watch something different in Other bedrooms as such

long winded i know but any help would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:

Reply to virgin media and tv wiring in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net