Discuss VW Caddy in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

ok so I am on the lookout for a VW caddy van, probably the maxi, I can't seem to find any caddy vans that have solid metal rear doors opposed to having windows. Can you actually get them?

Hi,

ok so I am on the lookout for a VW caddy van, probably the maxi, I can't seem to find any caddy vans that have solid metal rear doors opposed to having windows. Can you actually get them?

thinking about out it I don't think I've seen one without windows in the rear doors apart from the old shape.
you could get the rear windows blacked out or vinyl them the same colour as the van and install these.

Rear window grilles/blanks (without brake light cutout) by Van Guard

Attachments

• image.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
I know it's weird isn't it, you would have thought there would have been solid doors, hmmm I don't know if I want a van with glass back windows? I like the security of the solid rear doors.

I know it's weird isn't it, you would have thought there would have been solid doors, hmmm I don't know if I want a van with glass back windows? I like the security of the solid rear doors.

You would of thought it would of been an option. You often see them like this where they have had vinyl stuck over them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 68
You can get them from factory but it is a very costly extra, as suggested solid grills and the best option with colour coded vinyl on the windows, or wait for 1 to turn up as you want it

I'm looking for a 2012 - 2014 model, I think I'd have to get the grill things and vynal, I'm not desperate for a van, just on the lookout and see what turns up.

thanks

Reply to VW Caddy in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net