Discuss Wanted MCS Accredited Installers!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

pvsolaruk

PV Solar UK have approx 50 installations we are unable to complete prior to the deadline.

We are looking for MCS accredited installers to perform these install on our behalf.

We will supply the kits (Power-One/Sharp/Clickfit), excellent rates paid.

Call Robert Skillen(MD) to discuss- 07957 222999

Thanks,
PV Solar UK Ltd

Our Installation Managers' decided whether scaffolding is required on a job-to-job basis. If its a Slate/Rosemary etc then Scaffolding is a definite.

All 4kwp systems on 2 storey houses. Ladders used and panels went up on the installers' backs. Not for me I'm afraid, no matter how good the rate. Customer told us no structural calcs or surveyor visit either - but I guess they could have missed that.

Last edited by a moderator:
No credible firm would install a system on a 2 storey roof using ladders, let alone a 4kwp 16 panel system. Asking for trouble IMO.

Every installation team is equipped with a tower & harnesses. As previously stated, our installation managers make a decison whether scaffold is required on every job.

Every job is surveyed, from this he & the engineer asses the condition of roof and wind loading/weight calculations are provided. These are then placed in the customers completion pack.

i just need electricians... installation in gosport tomorrow, my electrician hurt his back rowing this morning and can't walk..... amazing rates. don't need mcs, just part p...

in my opinion scaffolding is always required even if it is a bungalow. not worth the risk, one of our scaffolders had a fatal accident he only fell 1.5m.

there is no way i'm risking health and safety for the sake off ÂŁ300. customers are making lots of money. scaffolding is a must everytime.

Every installation team is equipped with a tower & harnesses. As previously stated, our installation managers make a decison whether scaffold is required on every job.

Every job is surveyed, from this he & the engineer asses the condition of roof and wind loading/weight calculations are provided. These are then placed in the customers completion pack.

I suspect that the great rates that you pay don't cover enough time for erecting scaffolding and that's why they cut the corners. None of the customers we spoke to had wind/snow load calcs but they were all delighted to sell referrals on to their friends for ÂŁ250.

Can't fault the business model, not sure the supervision is as good as it could be, but then that's why we have a very small team. Not for me I'm afraid, the safety of our staff and customers is paramount. We keep picking up work from horrifed customers who have watched this type of installation so even if it's not so good for the installer (agreeed it's up to him to use the equipment) or the customer, it works well for us.

i just need electricians... installation in gosport tomorrow, my electrician hurt his back rowing this morning and can't walk..... amazing rates. don't need mcs, just part p...

in my opinion scaffolding is always required even if it is a bungalow. not worth the risk, one of our scaffolders had a fatal accident he only fell 1.5m.

there is no way i'm risking health and safety for the sake off ÂŁ300. customers are making lots of money. scaffolding is a must everytime.

Are you still stuck Jupestar??

lol u boys dont mess!! i rec he got nothing on here!! in defence for poor chap if fitters feel they can / will carry it out then its up to them (its there life)

i just wish this old solar game would confirm WHAT and WOTNOT kit u can use!!that said im a belt and braces man !!if my kit comes off the roof THE roof will be coming with it!!!!

Reply to Wanted MCS Accredited Installers!!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net