Discuss Wanting to add led strip lights under the stairs. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Wanting to add 2 strips of led lights down each side of underneath of the stairs,

I have a socket I can spur off, into a fused switch, been looking at angle profile, so light is better, so ideally I need a LED driver, some led strips, and a way to connect them, happy to wire/solder something, just looking for some recommendations of what to use, there's a ton of stuff available online, mostly all from the same place/factory Im sure, Ideally it would be able to provide constant power to it, as ideally when we get around to it, we will be making some pull-out units for jackets/shoes etc, so will stick a pressure switch of some sorts on it,

hope someone can point/guide me in the right direction :p many thanks!

TL;DR
wanting recommendations on things to get to add LED strip lights to under the stairs.
First decide if you want plain white, or rgb colour change strips.

The drivers tend to come with a Uk plug fitted, but some are only 5v and come off a usb plug.

If replacement won’t be an issue later, then just go with a cheap strip from Amazon or whatever. You could maybe get the aluminium profile cheap there too.

The strips are easily cut into shorter lengths, and you can get connectors that clip over the contacts and cable to save on soldering. The connectors can also come as angles or T junctions.
Make sure the connectors suit the width of tape and number of contacts.

Reply to Wanting to add led strip lights under the stairs. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net