Discuss Well done DNO in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i like the bit at the end, "sse were unable to comment", obviously the " cover your ARSE TEAM " ARE MON-FRI, 9-5.

"Almost 40 firefighters tackled the blaze, started by overheating fuses and were challenged by asbestos in the centre’s roof. Most of the building was saved, but the tearoom, toilets, reception barn and the room where toddlers enjoyed pedal tractors was destroyed in the fire which ensued."

So can someone explain why it's the DNO's fault/problem?

Overloaded circuits, not protected by MCBs and RCDs (or RCBOs). In a building which is used by the public (including children) and not to mention the asbestos issue. I think the blame for this lays firmly in the owner's lap.

The site owner was spouting off about them in the article. Hopefully the DNO will bill him for the call out.

Of course they will, my whole point was it was a shame the DNO took so long and someone has lost their business, regardless of whos to blame. It was a really nice place to take the kids for a day out.

Rob

I wasn't having a pop at your post. It just annoys me when something like that happens and the owner starts looking for someone to blame, or drag in, or use to divert attention. The whole thrust of the article was that if the DNO had cut the power sooner less damage would have been done. In reality, if Mr Tightarse had maintained the place properly there wouldn't have been a fire, and neither the DNO nor the fire brigade would have been involved.

So it was his comments I was getting at not yours. My apologies if it seemed otherwise, that can be the difficulty with posting as opposed to talking. :smile:

As for the site owner, when the insurance investigators get to look through everything he may well be in for another nasty surprise.

I didn't take offence at all, and didn't think you were having a pop, this has been my stance all along too many people are taking risks when it comes to electrical safety especially the bigger companies, apart from the scam providers there should be more enforcement of regulations, rant over

Reply to Well done DNO in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net