Discuss what are your tricks of the trade in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

when fixing metal backboxes into some crumbly walls and nowhere to stick a wall plug in then mix 1/3 bonding/plaster, 1/3
plasterboard adhesive and 1/3 cement, put some in the hole, put the box in. it will set nicely in 30 minutes.

chalk line and d.a.d.e (dust and debris eliminator) essential for doing spotlights.

These rectangular junction boxes from MK are spot on in this situation. The terminals are all in a line across the box and the centre terminal for the cpc is angled slightly to make the cores lie neatly. But how do you sleeve the cpc???

MK 30A 3-Terminal Junction Box 1130RPWHI - Switches & Sockets - Electrical -Tools, Electrical & Plumbing - Wickes

Edit, better pic: Buy MK Electric Junction Box, White, 3 Terminal, 86mm x 64mm x 31mm, 30A - 1130WHI

I knew someone would ask. Green and Yellow tape, not pretty or the best choice, but makes it possible :)

If you need to put another bolt in the middle 600mm tray (or bigger) fixed to the wall with unistrut and you cant get your hand behind to hold the nut then embed the nut in the end of a thin strip of plasterboard and then fix the bolt in, you can generally get the nut tight enough that it will grip.

Complete all necessary testing with a neon screwdriver, that has first been soaked throughly in water, then tried out again.

Reply to what are your tricks of the trade in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi Folks , Just looking for a bit of advice as I'm looking to get back on the tools so please bare with me if this is a bit long winded. I'm a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a project I have been working on, that has me out of my depth with regard to my knowledge, as I am a very basic electronic hobbies...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views
Hello from Romania. I have all the counting ccts, for every number. This is counting to 16 and its the last one this 7493 can count. I encounter a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Sorry if this topic has already been covered, but I’m far from tech savvy and haven’t got much of an idea how to navigate this forum. I’m...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock