Discuss What distributor to use? in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mickys86

Hi guys. We usually only do the electrics and run coax points but for te job at work I've said I'll connect the tv system up. I've just walked out of maplin with the guy in there saying digital and analogue so many times my head hurts.

I'll tell you what I want to do,
We have all the coax points wired back to a cupboard. I have wired the sky dish back to the cupboard with two cables and I have a cable coming from the loft where theres an additional aerial.

They want to have sky in the main living area, distributed off to 4 bedrooms. They also want to be able to have the option to tune the freeview in the televisions that they put into the bedrooms.
What distributor would be best? At home I have a click scolmore one but that took ages to get delivered and tbh is a little bit overkill.
Cheers in advance for your advice
Michael

It's a dark art but in future suggest you run 5 from dish/aerial to cupboard and 2 coax and 2 cat5 to all TV points put incoming BT/Virgin into cupboard master socket. then you have somewhere to start from (3 sat grade reconomended for Distributed box locations..... Oh and USE WF100 or better no Airspace! or Alu braid bootlace......

Reply to What distributor to use? in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello! I've been racking my brain this evening about some RCD selections. I've been doing some work for a solar installer, and they've asked me...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, Looking for some advice on first fix for sky and freesat TV, I've quoted a WF100 shotgun and a single to both bedrooms and lounge...
Replies
Views
I've have had a lot of experience of "DIY house electrics" (changing sockets, adding sockets, lighting circuits etc.) over many years but what...
Replies
Views
I'm planning a replacement for my existing domestic CU and would like to have it sanity checked before I get an electrician involved. The main...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm looking for some advice recently i left a data cable installer apprenticeship cat5 to cabs etc (was a one year course level 3 at the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock