Discuss what impact driver do you guys use? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I had hitachi 10.8v for fixing and working above head, light and handy along with combi. Sold it and looking at milwaukee next.

The Bosch 10.8 is a brilliant driver with a lot more torque than you'd think, it's also a really good size to keep in your tote so you've got it handy when you need it

Durofix 18v :D never had used one before I seen them at the show a few years back and its still going strong and the led torch is good for about 6 hours too :D bonus

I use this one

Attachments

• MAKBTD146Z.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 267
Never realy had the need for an impact driver as an electrician.
Used them when doing vehicle repair and maintenance, and when working as a maintence engineer in a factory.
The type I have though, is one you thump with a hammer and is made by SnapOn.
Square shaped with rounded corners and I believe 32mm across, so a spanner can be used for added torque.

Never realy had the need for an impact driver as an electrician.

Whaaa?!

Christ I couldn't live without mine, disregarding the arthritis in my thumbs, I can't imagine unscrewing hundreds of square meters of chipboard with a screwdriver!! :D

If you mean to say every single screw you put in is done by hand I take my hat off to ya, coz that's pretty hardcore!

I never saw you point of a impact driver till I used one. I'd never be without now.

Used to put a bit in my drill before but it's not the same. No swapping bits now

[h=3][h=1]BOSCH GDR 10.8-Li 10.8V fantastic time saver I have been using it with Armeg Woodbeavers this past week and it eats though the joists kind of wish i had bought the rest of the set now[/h][/h]

I have got a Bosch set for sale gsr 10.8-2-li drill GDR 10.8-li impact driver and 10.8v led torch will l-case and battery charger just needs battery's which you can pick up on eBay cost me over ÂŁ200 looking for ÂŁ125.00

hitachi 14.4v 2.0Ah batteries, had it for over 4 years and it still holds a very long charge, I use mine for metal munching too uni strut etc I alwys check with spanner mind,

As simple as it sounds I would recommend one with a hook on the side for sticking on your belt ect that's the best thing about mine lol

I've had bad wrists over the years and when your on a job fitting 400A cutouts day in day out driving many 2+1/2" 10s to fix them you soon start to feel creaky and that's where these toys are awesome

atb

Reply to what impact driver do you guys use? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net