Discuss What invoicing apps/softwares do you guys use? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Currently I’m using freeagents platform for invoicing and it’s decent and gets the job done but it’s lacking a few features.

Firstly I want to be able to get a notification when customer has viewed the invoice on their email or text. It drives me up the wall when customers take forever to pay and come out with excuses, especially new customers.

Secondly the listed items do not save so every time you make a quote or invoice you have to retype it. For example I’ve I’ve done a light change before, I have to retype change light fitting.

The best one I’ve seen so far is an orange looking logo, called invoice made by zenvoice inc. it’s £20 a month

I’m just wondering if anyone else knows of any others that work well on the app for iPhone aswell as browser on iPhone and browser on pc.

The ones I’ve tried so far are:
  • QuickBooks (only works best on browser from pc) which is inconvenient for me if I want to do it from my phone on the go
  • Billdu (history of the invoice is sporadic)
  • SumUp (app wasn’t working for me kept glitching coming up with codes)
  • Square (a bit funny on the invoicing side, only allowing payment through their methods taking fees)
  • Stripe (same as square)
  • Powered now (seems laggy when I tried to use it)

Some of the other features I did not test on sum up and below and didn’t bother because the lag puts me right off

Any recommendations thank you

I would reccomend Xero

What is VERY important for me is that I do domectic work and have to include a cooling off blurb on ALL domestic estimates.

With Xero I can downlad a Word template, change it to my own terms / conditions etc and reupload it to Xero.
Then Xero automatically adds the cleints details etc to each estimate

It also has the benefit of being to save estimates and reuse them for new clients

I use Kashflow and it works well for me, you can set up standard products with price and description so light fitting change would be in a drop down box, same with hourly labour and anything else you use regularly.

link below.

I use Kashflow and it works well for me, you can set up standard products with price and description so light fitting change would be in a drop down box, same with hourly labour and anything else you use regularly.

link below.

Had a look, it seems you cannot customise your estimates to add terms and conditions after the initial estimate page

pretty sure you can change the quote settings to include anything you want as a template.

Currently I’m using freeagents platform for invoicing and it’s decent and gets the job done but it’s lacking a few features.

Firstly I want to be able to get a notification when customer has viewed the invoice on their email or text. It drives me up the wall when customers take forever to pay and come out with excuses, especially new customers.

Secondly the listed items do not save so every time you make a quote or invoice you have to retype it. For example I’ve I’ve done a light change before, I have to retype change light fitting.

The best one I’ve seen so far is an orange looking logo, called invoice made by zenvoice inc. it’s £20 a month

I’m just wondering if anyone else knows of any others that work well on the app for iPhone aswell as browser on iPhone and browser on pc.

The ones I’ve tried so far are:
  • QuickBooks (only works best on browser from pc) which is inconvenient for me if I want to do it from my phone on the go
  • Billdu (history of the invoice is sporadic)
  • SumUp (app wasn’t working for me kept glitching coming up with codes)
  • Square (a bit funny on the invoicing side, only allowing payment through their methods taking fees)
  • Stripe (same as square)
  • Powered now (seems laggy when I tried to use it)

Some of the other features I did not test on sum up and below and didn’t bother because the lag puts me right off

Any recommendations thank you
Hi ppelec100, I'm one of the founders of Powered Now and we aren't aware of any problems with lagging and we do have thousands of customers.

Could you try again and contact support if you get this problem?

Powered Now works when there is no signal, our users say it is very easy to use and of course you get unlimited electrical certificates in the monthly fee, which isn't much more than you're paying today. So it would be shame if yuou missed out with a fixable problem.

Chris

Hi ppelec100, I'm one of the founders of Powered Now and we aren't aware of any problems with lagging and we do have thousands of customers.

Could you try again and contact support if you get this problem?

Powered Now works when there is no signal, our users say it is very easy to use and of course you get unlimited electrical certificates in the monthly fee, which isn't much more than you're paying today. So it would be shame if yuou missed out with a fixable problem.

Chris

Hi
I spoke to one of your staff about the cooling off period and they did not know.
The problem with such software is that the law requires such data (cooling off stuff) to be set in a prescribed form and not jammed in a bunch of text at the bottom

This has been raised by myself twice (you keep emailing me and asking me why I do not use your software), when I tell you the reason you ignore me and then spam me several months later

I know you can attach other files, the problem is that I want ONE document with the estimate and the terms / conditions all in one place- then a client cannot say the attachment was missing at a later date.

Your company is not alone- Tradify and others are the same

Hi
I spoke to one of your staff about the cooling off period and they did not know.
The problem with such software is that the law requires such data (cooling off stuff) to be set in a prescribed form and not jammed in a bunch of text at the bottom

This has been raised by myself twice (you keep emailing me and asking me why I do not use your software), when I tell you the reason you ignore me and then spam me several months later

I know you can attach other files, the problem is that I want ONE document with the estimate and the terms / conditions all in one place- then a client cannot say the attachment was missing at a later date.

Your company is not alone- Tradify and others are the same
How much space does your info take up on a standard A4 page?
I use Powered Now and have my Ts and Cs as a seperare document with the 1st one referencing that accepting this price accepts the terms on page 2.
But you can add a header and footer to all documents.
I could do an experiment foe you and see how much I can put on a footer and post up what it looks like if you are thinking of getting the software.

Its not the smoothest of software I've ever used but I'm used to it now and they are constantly improving it

Have JPEG version

There has to be sepcific text in a specific format to comply with the law
See attached

Attachments

• sample cooling jpg_0001.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 7
  • sample cooling jpg_0002.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 8
Have JPEG version

There has to be sepcific text in a specific format to comply with the law
See attached
It works, the formatting would need some work in real use.
I just done a quick copy and paste so that I could delete it again after.
I put it into the footer section of my estimates and it would be part of every estimate sent.
The part where it says test would be where the job details are with the prices.
The parts covered are my logos and details.

Attachments

• sample.pdf
    337 KB · Views: 3
It works, the formatting would need some work in real use.
I just done a quick copy and paste so that I could delete it again after.
I put it into the footer section of my estimates and it would be part of every estimate sent.
The part where it says test would be where the job details are with the prices.
The parts covered are my logos and details.
What really gets my goat (this info was from trading standards) is that the bottom section is to have a tear off slip so the client can tear off the part and send it to you to cancel the works.

Reply to What invoicing apps/softwares do you guys use? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net