Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss What is this item in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Ozzy Vali

Hi all can someone tell me what this item is and where to get one from? image.jpg

This is good, you have no idea what it is, what it does, where to buy one yet you still want one. So when you have got one, what are you going to do with it not knowing the foggiest about it?

looks like basic neon screwdriver to me.

it may be a probe for some test instrument too, tell us whole story where it came from and why you need it then we may be able to find more precise answers.

Sound, another guessing game. I’ll go with an “electron displacement analyser”.

Seen them on flea bay its basically a fancy neon,it detects voltage by direct contact,like a neon,without direct contact like a volt stick,continuity,for checking fuses etc and all for about 3 quid,obviously a high. Quality item lol.

It's a cheap POS excuse for a tester and probably dangerous.
You can get these at any good stockist of cheap poorly made tat.

It's a cheap POS excuse for a tester and probably dangerous.
You can get these at any good stockist of cheap poorly made tat.

Ah, thats why most wholesalers have them.:devil2:

Seen plenty of them before... I think they are electronic odour neutralisers. I can only assume this as I have seen them installed in lots of bins.

it's a DIY MFT. every builder should have one. think BG are currently upgrading to these.

i know about fahrenheit, centigrade, celsius and kelvin temperature scales, but never heard of the rectal scale. seems a bit ----.

I genuinely think we are onto something here. I googled it and they make them in thousands of different tastes and sizes.

looks like a non contact voltage detector
they work by detecting the weak magnetic field generated by the voltage or current present
but as posted before it could be one of the cheap neon testord
i cant be sure without a clearer picture

Hi and Thanks to all who have helped as I am no electrician, but it was needed by someone who is abroad and all the make and model no has been erased by usage. I have always been told to ask someone with knowledge but with all the remarks that have been made on here it just puts me to think again in future like few have said they may stick it up their arses to check their temp if it has reached boiling point.

Hi and Thanks to all who have helped as I am no electrician, but it was needed by someone who is abroad and all the make and model no has been erased by usage. I have always been told to ask someone with knowledge but with all the remarks that have been made on here it just puts me to think again in future like few have said they may stick it up their arses to check their temp if it has reached boiling point.

Ozzy,

With respect mate .. have a look at the picture of this thing that you posted and ask yourself what possible use it is in identifying something. It shows absolutely no detail whatsoever and could be a gas lighter for lighting candles for all we can tell from the picture. In fact it really "could" have been anything that we suggested.

The help we give can only be as good as the material that YOU give us to work with - and in this case it was poor.

Now wind you neck in and go in peace.

Hi Geordie spark its simple to ask a few more questions as to what it is suppose to do, etc rather than come out with comments which I have read on here. I have been trying to find this product at stores here but no one can find the make for it it is a neon none contact tester but wanted to know what make it is and where I would be able to purchase it. Its not hard to be nice to people.

Hi Geordie spark its simple to ask a few more questions as to what it is suppose to do, etc rather than come out with comments which I have read on here. I have been trying to find this product at stores here but no one can find the make for it it is a neon none contact tester but wanted to know what make it is and where I would be able to purchase it. Its not hard to be nice to people.

And from your very first post we find: Hi all can someone tell me what this item is and where to get one from?

So from that, what would have been the point in asking you anything further such as "what is it supposed to do etc"?

If you knew anything, wouldn't it have been better to tell us EVERYTHING you knew about it in the first place??

We've now arrived at post #33 and you now decide to tell us: "it is a neon none contact tester" A bit late in the day don't you think??

We are sparks of abilities ranging from beginners learning the trade through to true professionals and retired old blokes like me, but clairvoyants we are not !!

With age comes wisdom and hopefully you'll live long enough to acquire some!

So our American cousin gnuuser steals the guessing game glory (Post No 30). Beginners luck I recon!
As for the non contact voltage detector. Some of us, luckily never having had the misfortune of having to put our faith into one of those, would have struggled to recognise one of them. And I’m sure I will speak for most of us. If you value the life of this person abroad, whoever and wherever this person might be, then you will politely decline the offer to purchase one of them for them. For I fear they might one day get lost into the shadowy world of electrickery and end up kissing their callipygian goodbye.

Reply to What is this item in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net