Discuss What size in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

What size is the cable, how is it run, what is it run in. As it's a 3 phase socket is a specified piece of equipment going to be plugged into it?

Is it fuses you are going to use or some other protection device. If it is fuses then you have to bring into account rating factors when sizing the cable ie a BS 3036 fuse will be 0.75.

Rule of thumb though 20 amp would be my maximum for just a 16amp socket.

the fuse size is determined by the cable it's protecting.e.g. 2.5mm. the type depends on the type of load, e.g. motor etc.

Fair enough your learning mate but u need to give us a little more info so we can help you as best we can.
I Think you've missed sone info from. The question, possibly cable size or run.

Reply to What size in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, if getting back to the CU is not an option, instead of spurring off a socket via a Sfs putting the rating down to 13a. Could you spur off the...
Replies
Views
Client currently has a DB in his outhouse. It feeds a pool pump and an air source heat pump. It is currently being supplied using a 4mm T&E cable...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I'm looking at installing an induction hob in my kitchen (upgrade from gas) and I gather that it can be added to the cooker circuit if...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, We’ve had a new CNC Machine from China arrive this week. It came with a monitor and a tower to run the software. The monitor and tower...
Replies
Views
Hi, can a 60a AC disconnect fuse box with 2 class K busman 50amp fuse work as a disconnect near the outlet ? Or would it need to be an actual...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock