Currently reading:
Whats wrong with Britain

Discuss Whats wrong with Britain in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Got to disagree with your first paragraph Iwas born in the 40soffspring of the baby boomer and I certainly didn't get something for nothing far from it.

The reality is that the majority of the people in the UK are far, far better off than their parents and the about 99.9% are better off than their grandparents.

Only in material wealth and things that have been invented as health care surgery etc.there is more rape more single parents more stress today and at the bottom we are still cannon fodder

Well I intend to retire completely in ten years, move to Bunham on sea or berrow sands and enjoy myself touring Somerset for the rest of my days, this is a bloody marvellous country, my only complaint is the tablets I take may stop me drinking all the local ciders in somerset from the farmhouses, what an incredible county and country, rollocks to you negative bafoons.

Agreed! This is a fantastic country. A lot of people bang on about how terrible it is but if they actually think for a minute, it really isn't that bad at all.

My only thing i don't like about this country is the media. Its all utter ********. Reading though this thread, there is a lot of stuff people have said here where there is no fact to back it up, just media hype.
There is a very small minority of muslim extremists in this country but the media would have you believe its every muslim.
The media will have you believe that we have no manufacturing over here any more due to it all being outsourced. Wrong, just off the top of my head you have Jaguar/Landrover, Honda and Vauxhall. 3 of the biggest car manufacturers going producing their cars here.
The media will have you believe anyone can walk into this country and get a free house, benefits etc when in reality, a lot of the foreign spongers are going back to their own country because they get nothing from us any more. The ones that are still over here mostly work bloody hard and harder than a lot of british born!

This country aint all that bad at all if you don't listen to Murdoch!

Well when there is something bad done by Muslims you don't seem to get many Muslims standing up against it
So maybe that's why we think that
Honda
And who is telling you they are going back the media who want you to believe they are going back they are not once they are in the system it's better to stay

And who is telling you they are going back the media who want you to believe they are going back they are not once they are in the system it's better to stay

I work in Central London day in day out in housing, mostly social housing. Ive seen it my self with a lot of people who are going home because they are better off at home rather than over here. That is unless they are actually working over here which i don't have a problem with. We are an incredibly diverse country and if people want to come over here, work to support their selves then i don't have a problem with that. The ones i don't like are the ones who come over and automatically end up on the dull with a 8 bedroom house and a brand new car on their drive.....oh, those people don't really exist as much as the media suggest.

One thing wrong is my generation born in sixties grandchildren of the baby boomers are the first to get things for nothing eg benifits nhs etc and some see working as a option not a need to survive.
As for the number of imigrants well just paying the price for winning two world wars, which we are still paying for financially, and taking over 2/3 rds of the world during the 18th & 19th centuries and giving them the right to come and settle here.
Got to disagree with your first paragraph Iwas born in the 40soffspring of the baby boomer and I certainly didn't get something for nothing far from it.
Yes you have pete
Free healthcare, able to claim benifits if need to , paid holidays and sick days.
My grandparents who were born during or after WWI didn't get any off this my parents like you who were born in 40s were the first generation to start working life with it and mine born in 60 were the first to know no different. Now kids , not all , expect it and don't realise its how worse it could have been so dont have no respect.

Harni ok I only speak with 20 or 30 eastern Europeans but they all tell me the same it's better over here they can send back more money on the dole here than staying in there own country plus working cash in hand for polish companies too
They are not going to go back till they are older and have paid of there mortgages over there using our dole money

Agreed! This is a fantastic country. A lot of people bang on about how terrible it is but if they actually think for a minute, it really isn't that bad at all.

My only thing i don't like about this country is the media. Its all utter ********. Reading though this thread, there is a lot of stuff people have said here where there is no fact to back it up, just media hype.
There is a very small minority of muslim extremists in this country but the media would have you believe its every muslim.
The media will have you believe that we have no manufacturing over here any more due to it all being outsourced. Wrong, just off the top of my head you have Jaguar/Landrover, Honda and Vauxhall. 3 of the biggest car manufacturers going producing their cars here.
The media will have you believe anyone can walk into this country and get a free house, benefits etc when in reality, a lot of the foreign spongers are going back to their own country because they get nothing from us any more. The ones that are still over here mostly work bloody hard and harder than a lot of british born!

This country aint all that bad at all if you don't listen to Murdoch!

Your right about the media Ill grant you that, hence I take little notice of it, I raised the subject of Muslims up and carefully chose my words including expressing that the majority of Muslims are law abiding with a very small percentage are tainting their religion, the only comments directly attacking Muslims have been regarding the veil and the way the law turns a blind eye regarding security issues in public buildings so pretty much factual not sure what evidence you require, this is not media hype its reality.

The problem with this country as great as it is - is that you cannot express a thought on any religious matter that does not fit in without been classed as racist I did say I disagree with covering the face in public buildings but noted after that they can do what they want anywhere else, it was to express the laws of the land should apply to all and not be circumstantial especially when identity of a person is required either for confirmation or security.

My opinions about Muslims are first hand not twisted media hype and I have expressed I have many Muslims friends, many of my views come from daily interactions and living in the hub of the Muslim community, you will be surprised about the internal battle they have that divide the community, there is a 2 sometimes 3 tier system of religious practice and integration and each of these tiers hate the values of the other whether it be because they are too westernised or it maybe because they believe those choosing to veil up are damaging their society and isolating integration.

I have not seen a racist comment or an all out attack on any religion in this thread but because the subject has been discussed you get a response that you have to be a racist to say that or you are making this a thread full of hate.... no one has been muslim bashing here if i saw it Id be the first to correct them and there views.

I do enjoy living in the UK it has many values that put it up there as one of the top places in the world but its laws do need tidying up.

agree, but the muslim community should sort out the extremists themselves and not allow them access to mosques or corrupt young muslims with their hate.

Why should Muslims apologise for the minority being extremists?

do you see other races apologising locally because of a crime committed by one of their own?
I did not say they should apologise but they should stand up and condemn what's happened
And I have seen and read of cases where communities stand up and condemn atrocities carried out by members of there community or parents apologising for the bad things that there children have done

Your right about the media Ill grant you that, hence I take little notice of it, I raised the subject of Muslims up and carefully chose my words including expressing that the majority of Muslims are law abiding with a very small percentage are tainting their religion, the only comments directly attacking Muslims have been regarding the veil and the way the law turns a blind eye regarding security issues in public buildings so pretty much factual not sure what evidence you require, this is not media hype its reality.

The problem with this country as great as it is - is that you cannot express a thought on any religious matter that does not fit in without been classed as racist I did say I disagree with covering the face in public buildings but noted after that they can do what they want anywhere else, it was to express the laws of the land should apply to all and not be circumstantial especially when identity of a person is required either for confirmation or security.

My opinions about Muslims are first hand not twisted media hype and I have expressed I have many Muslims friends, many of my views come from daily interactions and living in the hub of the Muslim community, you will be surprised about the internal battle they have that divide the community, there is a 2 sometimes 3 tier system of religious practice and integration and each of these tiers hate the values of the other whether it be because they are too westernised or it maybe because they believe those choosing to veil up are damaging their society and isolating integration.

I have not seen a racist comment or an all out attack on any religion in this thread but because the subject has been discussed you get a response that you have to be a racist to say that or you are making this a thread full of hate.... no one has been muslim bashing here if i saw it Id be the first to correct them and there views.

I do enjoy living in the UK it has many values that put it up there as one of the top places in the world but its laws do need tidying up.

Thats very true, some are victorian, some laws like prison sentencing need looking at as well, some are ridiculous.

I did not say they should apologise but they should stand up and condemn what's happened
And I have seen and read of cases where communities stand up and condemn atrocities carried out by members of there community or parents apologising for the bad things that there children have done

But why should they? Did the Catholic Church ever condemn the IRA and the other republican paramilitaries?

no it's a given that what they did was atrocious, why tar the majority of the good with the same brush

But why should they? Did the Catholic Church ever condemn the IRA and the other republican paramilitaries?

no it's a given that what they did was atrocious, why tar the majority of the good with the same brush
And now two murdering b*******s have the right to sit in a british parliment if they wish to do so.
No surrender

Republican paramilitaries were fighting against British rule not over religion. The --- for tat on Irish soil was about religion and they are all as bad as each other.

not going to comment enny ferther as beer has kicked in and meght sat someyting mite rirget. so it's gidicht fim me end iets godite fim him.

This thread is getting deep and slightly heated, which is why I have kept out of it, although it is a good thread as long as people can keep their tempers and real thoughts under control!!

Reply to Whats wrong with Britain in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back