Discuss Whole House Ventilation capacitor replacement in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

jibjob

-
Arms
Reaction score
I've been asked to look at a whole house ventilation system that's stopped working. I've narrowed it down to the capacitor but I'm having real problems finding a replacement. It would help my search if I could identify what type of capacitor it is ie dual run, start/run type.
The body of the component appears to made of plastic & at one end has two different sized spade type connections/terminals. There is also a brown wire that is hard wired into the component that when fitted for operation connects to the line (live) of the incoming 230v mains supply.
Size wise it's approx 30mm in diameter by 70mm long.
Details written on body are as follows,

PE 200 PC 380 MKP SH
2uF +/- 3% COS 6.35-2.8
AC 400V DB
3.8uF +/- 3% COS 6.35-FS
250V ACL37510
DB HPFNT P0 01/06

I subscribed to the Maplins forum but so far have only had one reply, that was 3 days ago. However, the reply I did receive suggested this capacitor Motor Run Capacitors 440V : Motor Run : Maplin Electronics By chance I actually have one of these bought sometime ago for something else but it never got used. This one has 4 terminals, 2 + & 2 - & bears no resemblence to the original. Also this one only has a single value on it, 2uF 440v whereas the original has 2uF 400v & 3.8uF 250v

Should I be able to use the suggested component above & if so how would I wire it? There are no positive/negative markings on it so maybe polarity is not an issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I've been asked to look at a whole house ventilation system that's stopped working. I've narrowed it down to the capacitor but I'm having real problems finding a replacement. It would help my search if I could identify what type of capacitor it is ie dual run, start/run type.
The body of the component appears to made of plastic & at one end has two different sized spade type connections/terminals. There is also a brown wire that is hard wired into the component that when fitted for operation connects to the line (live) of the incoming 230v mains supply.
Size wise it's approx 30mm in diameter by 70mm long.
Details written on body are as follows,

PE 200 PC 380 MKP SH
2uF +/- 3% COS 6.35-2.8
AC 400V DB
3.8uF +/- 3% COS 6.35-FS
250V ACL37510
DB HPFNT P0 01/06

I subscribed to the Maplins forum but so far have only had one reply, that was 3 days ago. However, the reply I did receive suggested this capacitor Motor Run Capacitors 440V : Motor Run : Maplin Electronics By chance I actually have one of these bought sometime ago for something else but it never got used. This one has 4 terminals, 2 + & 2 - & bears no resemblence to the original. Also this one only has a single value on it, 2uF 440v whereas the original has 2uF 400v & 3.8uF 250v

Should I be able to use the suggested component above & if so how would I wire it? There are no positive/negative markings on it so maybe polarity is not an issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I would have thought the first call would have been to the system manufacturer for any replacement component!!

I think this contains two capacitors as you say one 2uF and one 3.8uF with common conenction to the flying lead.

Suggest you try using three of your 2uF Caps - you can parallel two of them to give 4uF to replace the 3.8uF and use the other as is for the 2uF.

Reply to Whole House Ventilation capacitor replacement in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net