Discuss Wholesale prices in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I don't see as many small one shop independents any more , I used to use one in West London area , they were very good and could get anything you wanted fairly quick , I don't any up here in Norfolk though I think others have like screwfix etc have taken over , the small independent that I used gave very good service and prices as well ...

Prices in wholesalers all depends on what discount they get from the manufacturer and what discount they give each individual customer. Screwfix have massive buying power so get large discounts and shift lots of stock at low profit. All depends on the size of your wholesaler and how much you buy from them.

A useful phrase in the wholesalers to remember is "is that your cheapest price on those?" and also play them off against each other when pricing.

Some wholesalers will just not be able to compete on price with massive retailers, but the likes of screwfix generally sell the lower end brands. I do use toolstation myself, but a local independant wholesalers is always my first stop as price is always negotiable.

I have to totally agree with Andy on this one. You do need to ask and sometimes when offers are one etc then screwfix can be cheaper.

Make sure you ask if thats the best price, and set up a cash account!!

I see what your saying but Screwfix pretty much sell every possible electrical accessory going. I thought he would have given me discount on a cash sale because of the amount of money the firm spends.

I use screwfix or the local wholsaler though work (gives me the same discount as work on my cash sales) you can choose the cheap range or the expensive at either.

I did a little job replacing a pull switch. Went to screwfix it was £1 something. Broke 3 months later, had to go back last weekend at no extra cost due to me picking inferior materials(but the nice customer tipped me for coming out)... Where as the little local wholesalers was £2 and you could tell the quality difference. It's not worth it if you have to go back to fix it. Buy cheap buy twice.

I have one of those near me, its a really good little shop. Closer than screwfix and the closest big wholesalers, really should start using it more... Its like ehe electrical equivalent of arkwrights :lol:

Reply to Wholesale prices in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net