Currently reading:
Why part P is here.

Discuss Why part P is here. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

GiZmorob

I turned up to this job just before Xmas.
I was called out to help this lady who had tried to unscrew a G9 bulb and broke it off in the fitting.
While working on the fitting at the bottom of this image I noticed the cpc sticking out of a junction box so had a look and this is what I found.

IMG_1499a.jpg

To top it off while packing some tools away in the hall I see a socket with writing on "NO EARTH TAKE CARE".

Isolated these parts until I can get back but brings into question all the circuits. Would of been a call-out but now its I got to go back and put it all right.

What do you guys think??????

my crop is doing nicely. planted a load of incandescent 60watt lamps last year, now got a good crop of candle bulbs. on another note,i'd like to plant some OP's in the ground after the last week or so.

Just read about Parsons and noted that they merged with Reyrolle,now Reyrolle switchgear was the bees knees, their factory was in Newcastle as well
icon14.png

Well done Des.

Parsons' other claim to fame was the Steam Yacht Turbinia - the first steam turbine ship in the world. A system that was adopted by all the world's navies. And then the very same means of propulsion came to be used in power stations and the nuclear submarines we have today.

You may also have heard of Father & Son Stephenson who had something to do with railways and bridges.

Well done Des.

Parsons' other claim to fame was the Steam Yacht Turbinia - the first steam turbine ship in the world. A system that was adopted by all the world's navies. And then the very same means of propulsion came to be used in power stations and the nuclear submarines we have today.

You may also have heard of Father & Son Stephenson who had something to do with railways and bridges.
I've done some work in their auld hoose

Oh I know my local history - just ask Tidy Boiler.

I'm a Gateshead lad born (in the Queen Elizabeth hospital) and bred and consider myself to be a Geordie and I'm VERY proud of my Geordie Heritage and all that we in Geordieland gave to the world - and had stolen from us in some cases.

Have a looksee at C A Parsons sometime who wasn't a Geordie (he was an Irishman) but see what he achieved here in Geordieland. Then there's W G Armstrong - of the Armstrong Works fame and his little country cottage "Cragside" ;)

I can honestly say, hand on heart that this man is probably the most knowledgeable person I have ever insulted. What he doesn't know about Newcastle/Tyneside/North East industry, engineering, shipbuilding and railways ain't worth knowing. I am very proud to know and love him. :love:

I can honestly say, hand on heart that this man is probably the most knowledgeable person I have ever insulted. What he doesn't know about Newcastle/Tyneside/North East industry, engineering, shipbuilding and railways ain't worth knowing. I am very proud to know and love him. :love:

Haddaway 'n' shyte!! ............ ye only want me washin' machine since ye knackered yours th'day !!!! :)

One of Fergie's daughters ... the one with the eyes & teeth that look like pastry crimpers

- - - Updated - - -

One of Fergie's daughters ... the one with the eyes & teeth that look like pastry crimpers

never knew alex ferguson had dorters. thought his missus popped out ryan giggs clones.

Reply to Why part P is here. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back