Discuss Why part P is here. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome GIZmorob

For quite a few years I have been trying to think of any reason " Why Part P is here"
Up to now,creaming money off electricians is the only one I can find

Part P certainly helps the domesticians to operate more legitimately,if not competently

These type of botches have always and will always be around
It's probably better to try and educate the diyer than to make rules that don't work

Thanks Des.

I agree that Part P is not working to prevent the issues we confront completely but feel that if they were to do away with Part P they would need to replace it with a more stringent policing method and of cause that would came at a cost to sparks and passed on to customers.

Maybe something like a house MOT would work as the home owner would be held responsible to ensure all works are carried out by a competent spark. Then scrap part P.

All i can say gizmorob is; why are you critisizing my work? I thought i'd done a good job...

In all seriousness, ask the woman who an earth did this

And, if you do ever find out, which you probably wont because the woman will either be relucatant to say or genuinley not have a clue if shes knew to the spot. I suggest you...

publically name and shame them.... the only way these idiots are going to be stopped. (aswell as tell us on here, as we are a nosey lot and love a gossip and a bitch haha)

:welcome: to the forum anyhow :) Hope Christmas went well + Happy New Year. All the best. Mark.

well sorry Mark I didn't know it was your work. TBH it does look like the work of a Tottenham supporter LOL.

I will try and get more out of her and name them on here next week.

Cheers for the welcome. hope you all have a good but messy new year celebration ;-)

part p was a knee-jerk reaction to a MP's daughter being electrocuted, allegedly because someone in the family had screwed a utensil rack into an allegedly badly installed cable buried in a wall. same as the gun ban that followed the dunblane incident. just boosted the illegal trade, the same as prohibition did in the U.S.A in 1920. most of us learn by our mistakes, but not governments. i'm just waiting for a multiple pile-up on the M whatever to make the government ban cars and lorries, or some idiot getting run down by a train on a crossing, so then they can ban trains.

Haha harsh words - we're not as bad as we used to be.

I'll frogive you aslong as you're not an arse----- supporter. If you are a goon-er then, im sorry to hear that and i take my welcome back haha!

Haha tel, i shouldn't laugh at that as its serious, but you're replies do make me chuckle.

You missed out, some MP's daughter to drown so they have a total ban on water.

now don't go there. water is required to make beer, whiskey, and fish must have somewhere to fornicate.

Ahhh true i didn't think about that.......i can just imagine the MP's response....... "NO we will not have a ban on water, that is the most ridiculous statement i've ever heard ARE YOU STUPID???? .....we'd lose so much in tax we gain from selling alcohol and we wouldn't be able to fund our celeb-lifestyle on the side."

Reply to Why part P is here. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net