Currently reading:
Why part P is here.

Discuss Why part P is here. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

GiZmorob

I turned up to this job just before Xmas.
I was called out to help this lady who had tried to unscrew a G9 bulb and broke it off in the fitting.
While working on the fitting at the bottom of this image I noticed the cpc sticking out of a junction box so had a look and this is what I found.

IMG_1499a.jpg

To top it off while packing some tools away in the hall I see a socket with writing on "NO EARTH TAKE CARE".

Isolated these parts until I can get back but brings into question all the circuits. Would of been a call-out but now its I got to go back and put it all right.

What do you guys think??????

This is not a dig at you GiZmorob , but it is more likely to have been the result of this ineffective scam making cash generating load of b"""""""k's that part piSH is . :nonod:

Edit ; I see it is only your 3rd post , so welcome along there fella !

If anything it's an illustration of why part P isn't working. The customer called you in to get a light bulb out because she couldn't do it herself. If part P and it's associated costs weren't here and the difference between getting a proper electrician in and Dave from down the pub, the job would be more likely to get done properly in the first place.

Yeah I'm not saying Part P would of stopped it but how could a person with the lowest recognised qualification of left it like this? also when I spoke to her she said it was a mate of her ex who done the installation. apparently a carpet fitter!!! FFS!!!! bet he done this at a lower cost than a spark could of done it so as long as it was cheap lol

Part P means nothing to people who know someone who can do it as a favour. Part P would only help if it was by someone who who uses this testing method correctly and with an inch of common sense.

Thanks for the welcome dpelectricalltd :)

sorry, GIZ< forgot the :50::welcome:. to the asylum. well done for finding the fault/s. this is what you get when carpet fittersstart messing with what they don't understand. why can't they stick to cutting through alarm and telephone cables?

Welcome GIZmorob

For quite a few years I have been trying to think of any reason " Why Part P is here"
Up to now,creaming money off electricians is the only one I can find

Part P certainly helps the domesticians to operate more legitimately,if not competently

These type of botches have always and will always be around
It's probably better to try and educate the diyer than to make rules that don't work

Thanks Des.

I agree that Part P is not working to prevent the issues we confront completely but feel that if they were to do away with Part P they would need to replace it with a more stringent policing method and of cause that would came at a cost to sparks and passed on to customers.

Maybe something like a house MOT would work as the home owner would be held responsible to ensure all works are carried out by a competent spark. Then scrap part P.

All i can say gizmorob is; why are you critisizing my work? I thought i'd done a good job...

In all seriousness, ask the woman who an earth did this

And, if you do ever find out, which you probably wont because the woman will either be relucatant to say or genuinley not have a clue if shes knew to the spot. I suggest you...

publically name and shame them.... the only way these idiots are going to be stopped. (aswell as tell us on here, as we are a nosey lot and love a gossip and a bitch haha)

:welcome: to the forum anyhow :) Hope Christmas went well + Happy New Year. All the best. Mark.

well sorry Mark I didn't know it was your work. TBH it does look like the work of a Tottenham supporter LOL.

I will try and get more out of her and name them on here next week.

Cheers for the welcome. hope you all have a good but messy new year celebration ;-)

part p was a knee-jerk reaction to a MP's daughter being electrocuted, allegedly because someone in the family had screwed a utensil rack into an allegedly badly installed cable buried in a wall. same as the gun ban that followed the dunblane incident. just boosted the illegal trade, the same as prohibition did in the U.S.A in 1920. most of us learn by our mistakes, but not governments. i'm just waiting for a multiple pile-up on the M whatever to make the government ban cars and lorries, or some idiot getting run down by a train on a crossing, so then they can ban trains.

Haha harsh words - we're not as bad as we used to be.

I'll frogive you aslong as you're not an arse----- supporter. If you are a goon-er then, im sorry to hear that and i take my welcome back haha!

Ahhh true i didn't think about that.......i can just imagine the MP's response....... "NO we will not have a ban on water, that is the most ridiculous statement i've ever heard ARE YOU STUPID???? .....we'd lose so much in tax we gain from selling alcohol and we wouldn't be able to fund our celeb-lifestyle on the side."

to raise a phenomenal amount of revenue ( even more than what they've lost by banning smoking in pubs and persuading thousands to give up altogether) the government should impose a walk-in tax to all these diabolical shopping centres. just think, every time a woman walks into matalan, primark, tkmax, etc. electronic sensor £1. kerching!.

The general public don't help much - something bad happens and they look at the government to "do something" to stop it happening again. This "something" generally involves a change in the law, banning something, or raising the price of something like they do with booze and smokes at every opportunity.
Most customers aren't that bothered about complying with red tape which was only introduced to shut the media up, if it means saving a few quid. Hike up the price of booze and people start getting wasted before they go out and drinking the same as they would have before but making more trips to the cashpoint because by this time they're too wasted to care. Hike the price even higher and they start 'pre-loading' on cheap counterfeit booze which makes them ill and puts more strain on the NHS.
You only have to look at the kneejerk comments in the local paper whenever a night club or the 'night time economy' is mentioned - "shut everything down", "Raise the rates of the bars and clubs to pay for more police", "raise the price of booze even higher and ban 'offers such as buy one get one free'" (which don't exist anyway).
Idiots. I blame the parents. Bring back national service.

The general public don't help much - something bad happens and they look at the government to "do something" to stop it happening again. This "something" generally involves a change in the law, banning something, or raising the price of something like they do with booze and smokes at every opportunity.
Most customers aren't that bothered about complying with red tape which was only introduced to shut the media up, if it means saving a few quid. Hike up the price of booze and people start getting wasted before they go out and drinking the same as they would have before but making more trips to the cashpoint because by this time they're too wasted to care. Hike the price even higher and they start 'pre-loading' on cheap counterfeit booze which makes them ill and puts more strain on the NHS.
You only have to look at the kneejerk comments in the local paper whenever a night club or the 'night time economy' is mentioned - "shut everything down", "Raise the rates of the bars and clubs to pay for more police", "raise the price of booze even higher and ban 'offers such as buy one get one free'" (which don't exist anyway).
Idiots. I blame the parents. Bring back national service.
when something bad happens Adam...its usually of their own making......but because so many have lost the ability to think for themselves...they look towards some kind of self annointed higher power....rather than think first before doing.....

Too right. Shoot 'em all and let God sort 'em out.

I think we should bring back the Inqusition, sort of one big blitz on all the problems

Politicians !
Make him confess his sins.then put the rope around his neck and hoist him high,higher than all others and let him try and and lie his way out of this one

Cowboy sparks
He can go straight to the chair,do not pass go and do not collect that two hundred pounds

The infamous plumber
He can be given water torture untill he stops lying about those loose floorboards

Kitchen fitters
What to do with these? my favourite bad boys
No inquisition for these guys, they could be crushed from on high by a two ton fridge,thats only because they like to take things on their shoulders that they cannot handle safely (electrics being one of them)

Reply to Why part P is here. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back