Discuss Wireless 2 Way Switches in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all.
I need to 2 way a landing light to the bottom of the stairs possibly add an intermediate for the landing light to outside a bedroom although this is not as important.
Landing is currently 1 gang 1 way, bottom of stairs is 1 gang 2 way but the 2 way is across the room downstairs both 3 plated.
I would love to run a 3 core in but this is not going to be possible.
Anyone recommend a wireless switch that will get over this ideally to replace the one at the bottom of the stairs for a 2 gang and the one at the top for a 2 way?
I have fitted a couple that clients supplied ones but this was a few years ago and not sure whats about now.
With regards to cables at the upstairs switch I could possibly get a PL+N from the switch behind it and get to the landing pendant.

Thanks

If you want to have a bit of fun, you could switch the lights off and on randomly from your phone while you are in the pub, thus annoying the other members of your family.
However, this is potentially dangerous, as you may find when you get home that your wife is lying at the bottom of the stairs cos you switched the lights off as she was descending, holding a full laundry basket...I have a remote assistant for turning my heating on when I am coming home from a trip away. Her name is Elspeth, and she has a key to my house...

best use is to "smart" the shower and switch it to cold when teenage daughter/s is/are showering.

Reply to Wireless 2 Way Switches in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Strange on this, we are wiring an extension at the moment and I would like to 3 way the (currently 2 way) landing switch to the new bedroom so...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I've moved into a flat and I've decided to replace the original electric switches and sockets with white ones. I've done them all...
Replies
Views
Hi I want to add a light to my attic. There is a single switch on the landing that I want to change to a double switch and then use it to still...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to install 3 meross smart switches for 3 lights: entrance switch: only 1 gang but 3 way switch bedroom switch: 2 gang (1 is 1...
Replies
Views
How should I wire a two way switch, so that I can switch it “on” at the bottom of stairs and “off” at the bottom of the stairs? It is currently...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock