Discuss Wiring a 5 bedroom house in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

He is happy for me to get it, and i am also happy to get it also. That way, I only pay him labour charges. I guess different solutions for different folks, remember one mans meat is another mans poison.

I once got an electrician who is NICEIC certified to do a wiring, within a month it started developing problems with tripping, it was hard getting him to rectify the issue, it all came down to some defective cabling he used, and it took me threatening to report him to NICEIC to rectify it, since then I always like buying my materials.

This is not an insult onto anyone, I am just stating my experience.

Hi omoeko mate. So, now that you are 'Online', how come your electrician isn't getting the parts

He is happy for me to get it, and i am also happy to get it also. That way, I only pay him labour charges. I guess different solutions for different folks, remember one mans meat is another mans poison.

I once got an electrician who is NICEIC certified to do a wiring, within a month it started developing problems with tripping, it was hard getting him to rectify the issue, it all came down to some defective cabling he used, and it took me threatening to report him to NICEIC to rectify it, since then I always like buying my materials.

This is not an insult onto anyone, I am just stating my experience.
So someone has already had a bash at rewiring your house then? what happened to him, and what was the faulty on the faulty cable?

Nope.
Remember I am talking about the past here, this was some 8+ yrs ago.
I dont remember the exact details of the fault as he just said its a faulty cable and it got me thinking, "for a brand new rewiring job within a month", I don't suppose you expect me to be looking over the electricians shoulder to see what he did.

So someone has already had a bash at rewiring your house then? what happened to him, and what was the faulty on the faulty cable?

Nope.
I dont remember the exact details of the fault as he just said its a faulty cable and it got me thinking, "for a brand new rewiring job within a month", I don't suppose you expect me to be looking over the electricians shoulder to see what he did.

that would not have been a fault with materials but more likely a fault with the quality of the installation work.

So that experience should be no reason for you to buy your own materials.

If you really do have an electrician on this job, then order the materials they are asking for, then they will fit them. End of thread.

If you carry on fishing for information we can only assume there is no electrician and you are going to carry out this work yourself. From the initial list you provided I would not say it had been compiled by a person competent to be carrying out this work.

Thanks for your opinions.
Only wish you could come and test it once the work is done.
After removing the 1.5mm single cores and 2.5 mm single cores. I think its all good, if anything else is missing, we will buy it. If there was anything concerning, I am sure you would have mentioned it.

I am not an electrician, the closest thing I would do is change a light bulb, other than that, its pass my rank.

that would not have been a fault with materials but more likely a fault with the quality of the installation work.

If you really do have an electrician on this job, then order the materials they are asking for, then they will fit them. End of thread.

If you carry on fishing for information we can only assume there is no electrician and you are going to carry out this work yourself. From the initial list you provided I would not say it had been compiled by a person competent to be carrying out this work.

Thanks for your opinions.
Only wish you could come and test it once the work is done.
After removing the 1.5mm single cores and 2.5 mm single cores. I think its all good, if anything else is missing, we will buy it. If there was anything concerning, I am sure you would have mentioned it.

I am not an electrician, the closest thing I would do is change a light bulb, other than that, its pass my rank.

Nope.
Is this the same house you are planning rewire again?

Yes mate I have something in my workshop something I made when my then boss asked me to do the impossible a wand I think it's called, do't know if any wholesalers stock them.

That was a typo mistake on my path.

I initially wanted to have pendant lights everywhere, however I changed my mind and I have now been told by my electrician that we can remove all the single core brown/blue & earth and buy more twin and earth cables to take care of the spot lights. 250m to be precise. So he does know what he is doing, just feel as though you guys are being harsh on him .

If he knew what he was doing, he wouldn't have been wiring the pendants in singles in the first place. Going on what you've written, neither you or your Electrician (If he exists) have the first clue what your talking about. Your just fishing for information.

I'm done.

Reply to Wiring a 5 bedroom house in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net