Discuss Wiring an office 35 meters uo the garden in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yh I will do the calculations later to find out the total design load, volt drop ect, I just thought 16mm couldn't do no harm (apart from the price) as its current carrying capacity has got to be around 70amps when in ground, can just down size the breakers

You need to apply some diversity to ascertain a realistic load but I doubt anything below 16mm will cut it for volt drop on the lighting circuits.

this 3% for lighting is back in the dark ages with heat lamps. when LED drivers are happy with 90V input.

Yes I have got the calculations to do for 24 spot lights, 9 sockets and 6 spurs 3 of them heaters, plus few other bits will present them later . I'm concerned about the size of the swa to use as the cable will be buried in the ground for a good 15-20meters and thus lowering the current carrying capacity 10mm in ground is around 58amps where as 16mm is 75amps.. Thanks guys

I would like to see the termination of 16mm swa in a kmf

Why, it's not very interesting. I've got pictures somewhere of the times I've done it, but it's pretty simple to do.
My preferred soloution is to make off the SWA into a 2x2 steel adaptable box with one side cut out. The cut out side butt's up to the KMF with a paxolin plate between

The other option is a brass angle plate to hold the gland and cut the cable cover supplied with the KMF to suit.

Reply to Wiring an office 35 meters uo the garden in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I currently on a job where the garage is having an office built above it with solar panels installed on the roof. I have ran a 16mm 3 core...
Replies
Views
I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views
Hello All, new to the forum. Would be grateful for advice on whether the following proposal is an acceptable solution or open to any suggestions...
Replies
Views
Looking for some cabling advice for my garden project. I’ve put together this diagram below, which hopefully explains what I’m trying to achieve...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock