Discuss Wiring Informa Speech Dialler to Galaxy 2-20 Alarm Panel in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm currently trying to wire an 'Informa 8EP276A-UK Speech Dialler' to a Honeywell Galaxy 2-20 control panel. I tried looking in the 'CCTV, Alarms etc' forum but I didn't have permission to post a new topic in there.

Apparently the control panel does have capability to dial out without an external dialler but unfortunately, we no longer get the alarm serviced from the installers (ADT). This means we don't have the Master Reset Code which we need to program the menus. Basically, rip-off merchants ADT will not release the code unless we start a service contract with them again; which is not going to happen.

I have linked an image of the Galaxy wiring diagram and the instructions to connect the Informa dialler for a 'Bells Only' function (that's all we need it for) below:

PicFront - Galaxy_G2-44_Wiring.jpg
PicFront - InformaSpeechDialler.jpg

I can see where to terminate connections for the 12v supply but I am a little confused about where (in the alarm panel) to wire connections for IP1 and INH. There doesn't appear to be a SET terminal in the control panel and i'm also unsure where the 'Bell B-' terminal is.

I have meddled with the alarm in the past (only to move the location of the control panel) but I always just took lots of pictures, used labels and made notes to ensure I terminated everything in the correct place. So in effect, I can do the practical side but am a layman when things are not blatantly obvious!

Is there anyone out there who can help please?! Thanks in advance!

There is a plug on out put board for this panel but you will not need it for this application.
If you just want notified when your alarm activates, the connect ip1 terminal to the "bell" output, connect your 12 volts and series up your telephone line.
If you want open/close and fire then you will need the output board.

Sent you a private message with list of all the possible engineer codes, and a way to reset it if that fails. Lemme know how you get on i can instruct you further if you have issues with it

Thanks very much to both of you. Timbobelfast, when you say the bell output, do you mean the SAB connections at the bottom of the circuit diagram, where it says Bell +12v and 0V please? The dialler instructions show that I should connect it to the Bell B-; does this mean I should connect it to the 0V (Active Low) terminal? Apologies if this sounds like a stupid question.

If you gain access with the codes I gave you on a G2 you can configure two of the outputs and you can set one to "Set" i.e terminal "1001" and the other to "Int" i.e "1004" which is what your dialler is looking for, you can ignore the fire and pa.

If you do connect it the other way. as timbo said the ip1 termianl gets connected to the bell output which is terminal "1003" which is right next to the terminal marked as "T"

prodzoomimg4667.jpg

Once again, thank you very much! I would try the codes but i'm in a rush to drive back down to Brighton today (the alarm is at my parents house in Derby). I'll give the above method a try before I leave and then the codes when i'm next back. I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers again; I tried asking the same question on a different forum and just got a reply from someone telling me that ADT are not rip-off artists - they're just not allowed to release the code. My counter to this is that since my parents have bought the system outright (and had an extortionate service contract for years before we realised we could get a local firm to do it much cheaper), ADT could at least offer to reset the Master code to the original, specified in the manufacturers instructions. Maybe i'm just being ignorant..

Used to work for ADT many years ago and your correct they do rip people off they tend to aim for big national contracts with big chains that is how they make their cash, As for small domestics they will happily install them but the service for the properties is never as great as they have less to loose. They screwed me over on pay so I will quite happily help others de-shackle from them. But generally the other forums are correct you should never hand out codes and such in general forums as it is detrimental to the security industry it just takes the wrong person to pick them up and abuse them. As for defaulting the panel that sometimes is a tricky one. For one if you have ended a contract they are not going to come out and default it without money as that costs money to even get there and secondly specifically to ADT they actually have contracts with Honeywell Galaxy to brand the panels with ADT default programming so defaulting a ADT branded Galaxy panel is not the same as a non branded Galaxy panel. Not normally an issue unless you try and use Galaxy Gold Remote Service Suite and find that the down-loader id/password has been set.

Last edited:
Once again, thank you very much! I would try the codes but i'm in a rush to drive back down to Brighton today (the alarm is at my parents house in Derby). I'll give the above method a try before I leave and then the codes when i'm next back. I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers again; I tried asking the same question on a different forum and just got a reply from someone telling me that ADT are not rip-off artists - they're just not allowed to release the code. My counter to this is that since my parents have bought the system outright (and had an extortionate service contract for years before we realised we could get a local firm to do it much cheaper), ADT could at least offer to reset the Master code to the original, specified in the manufacturers instructions. Maybe i'm just being ignorant..

well the local co should have no problems resetting it then..codes are there to basically stop people like yourself from messing with the programming then blaming the co if anything goes wrong..

Used to work for ADT many years ago and your correct they do rip people off they tend to aim for big national contracts with big chains that is how they make their cash, As for small domestics they will happily install them but the service for the properties is never as great as they have less to loose. They screwed me over on pay so I will quite happily help others de-shackle from them. But generally the other forums are correct you should never hand out codes and such in general forums as it is detrimental to the security industry it just takes the wrong person to pick them up and abuse them. As for defaulting the panel that sometimes is a tricky one. For one if you have ended a contract they are not going to come out and default it without money as that costs money to even get there and secondly specifically to ADT they actually have contracts with Honeywell Galaxy to brand the panels with ADT default programming so defaulting a ADT branded Galaxy panel is not the same as a non branded Galaxy panel. Not normally an issue unless you try and use Galaxy Gold Remote Service Suite and find that the down-loader id/password has been set.

the only difference is the call back numbers are preset,passwords are added on intial download,service is the same domestic or commercial,take it you left on a sour note then..

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner; been very busy! Just to confirm that your solution worked a treat, myristate - thank you very much. Haven't had a chance to test the codes yet but then again, haven't needed to.

"well the local co should have no problems resetting it then..codes are there to basically stop people like yourself from messing with the programming then blaming the co if anything goes wrong."

Well Alarm Man, we pay for a yearly service, not a rolling maintenance contract. Therefore if we messed up the system, the alarm company would know and charge us for it and rightly so. I still resent the fact that you pay for a system to be installed and then
when you decide you do not want to use that particular company's rip-off service, you are not given the means to use the system as you wish. The local company we now use (who are brilliant) would've had to re-program the system from scratch to access all the features, incurring extra cost.

Reply to Wiring Informa Speech Dialler to Galaxy 2-20 Alarm Panel in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net