Discuss Would anyone be able to furnish guidance on the rewire of a lighted, rotating Michelob light? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rpcord

DIY
Reaction score
I recently picked up this Michelob rotating light that apparently had been dropped. The top disk insert (where the hanging hook would be) was smashed, the plastic logo portion was cracked with several sections missing, the internal frame housing the wiring was badly dented, the cord was in bad shape (originally meant as a hard-wired ceiling light), and some of the wiring connections were pulled apart.

I’ve repaired the top disk (as best I could), created a new logo portion, and hammered out the frame, but I need guidance on how this should be rewired. I’m including internal photos of all wiring disconnected. Note that the original sign had a ground wire connected for the box, but I have removed that and replaced it with a cord that will be plugged into an outlet.

The only connection that stayed completely intact during the drop was the right light connector to the right ballast wire.

TL;DR
I could really use some assistance in rewiring a Michelob beer sign. Normally, I replicate the existing wiring, but most of these connections were pulled apart when the sign was apparently dropped.

Attachments

• Wire diagram.jpg
    499.9 KB · Views: 10
  • bottomlowermotor.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 9
  • FromBack1.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 10
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 9.39.51 AM.png
    957.4 KB · Views: 10

Reply to Would anyone be able to furnish guidance on the rewire of a lighted, rotating Michelob light? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net