Discuss wylex HB type 2 MCB in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

parkerbloggs

Hi there, I looked at a job recently involving adding a couple of new circuits to an existing installation. It has a Wylex TPN distribution board with plenty of empty spare ways available. Only problem is, the existing MCBs are Wylex HB Type 2 BS 3871 and they don't make em any more. I did think there might be a BS EN 60898 equivalent in Wylex or by another brand, but my local Wylex rep said there is no such breaker. Can anybody help?

its a commercial install and the new circuits are for panel heaters

what the short fault current rating of them? I'm after a 16 or 15A and a 30 or 32 A.

I've just had a message telling me that Wylex NB MCBs should fit

Last edited by a moderator:
hi proteus do a type 2 that replaces type 2 wylex. The proteus 640/2 = 40amp i think the other sizes that you want are also in the range with similar coding. CEF sell them. about £5:)

Reply to wylex HB type 2 MCB in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I have a Clipsal consumer unit with two "ways" unused and blanked off and potentially a third available as the Proteus Geyer B16 MCB is...
Replies
Views
I'm planning a replacement for my existing domestic CU and would like to have it sanity checked before I get an electrician involved. The main...
Replies
Views
For a change its nice to have a clean slate to work to. Client wants their garage rewired (and boy does it need it!) so they can have the...
Replies
Views
hanks Hi new member here wishing some advise! I've a 6 Way Consumer Unit with Wylex Type B (WYB Series, BS3871) Push In/Pop Out style MCB's...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, How do i solve these two questions, Feel like am missing something simple. doing my head in lol. I need to learn the calculation...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock