Discuss Youtube Channel in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Spoon

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Does anyone post vids regularly on YouTube?
My six year old daughter has decided that she wants to post vlogs on YouTube.
I'm responsible for setting up her channel, editing her vids and all the other stuff.
Any sensible help tips would be great.

Bear in mind that youtube comments can feature some of the most pathetic trolls on the internet. You can disable comments being able to be made though.

I will sensor all comments first before my daughter sees them and ban people who are rude and out of line.

Since you ask . I would not do that.
You Tube has it's uses , but I don't think that is one of them.
I would be worried about identification.

Since you ask . I would not do that.
You Tube has it's uses , but I don't think that is one of them.
I would be worried about identification.

Can you be more specific mate. No full names or personal info will be on the vids.

It' probably just me , but with all the trolls and other undesirables out there , I would be worried about posting personal videos on there.

There will be no personal info. She know not to mention anything like what and if she does then I will just edit it out. She will be supervised all the time if she wants to reply to comments herself. Otherwise I will just type what she wants me to put. (within reason.... :) )

I dont see a problem if you are vetting these and uploading them after be aware tho kids learn quickly and some will live link. my grandaughter can whiz her way around an ipad and she is only 4

Sounds like hard work to me (for you) - I think I would not like being young now - so much peer pressure. Technology is thrown at you. Have you taught her to climb trees yet - always a pre requisite to a YouTube channel - in my family anyway! All the best with that.

I think she wants it up and running before she starts school next week.
We have finally done an intro video and a few other ones. Looks like I will be busy this week.
The lad is looking into recording games from the Nindento 2DS. So I've been researching how to do that. Looks like we will have to use the low tech solution. Can get a 2DS fitted with a capture card but it's huge money.

So I spend yesterday posting videos and setting up a YouTube for my daughter. She is chuffed that she can go to school today and say that she has a YouTube channel now.
She has 4 subscribers now and about 6 videos up. I still have more to edit.

Reply to Youtube Channel in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net