Discuss Zafira brake lights issue in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

AutoGlasgow

Hi guys,

Issue is this:
Zafira A (03 plate), left and right brake lights not functioning, but tailgate brake light working fine. Fuse fine and bulbs tested and working fine.

Any ideas to get me started on this?

Any help would be great.

Appreciate it. Thanks.

corrosion or bad contacts on light clusters. poss. the earthing side.

time to get the multimeter out and see what voltage you get and where.

Do all the other lamps ( indicators, tail lights, etc ) in the rear clusters work ok. Just looked at the Haynes manual wiring diagram and the only thing that I can see would be an earth fault on the earthing connection in the LH rear panel but this would probably cause other lighting faults on the rear of the vehicle. The H/L light earths on two points which is probably why it is not affected

Do all the other lamps ( indicators, tail lights, etc ) in the rear clusters work ok. Just looked at the Haynes manual wiring diagram and the only thing that I can see would be an earth fault on the earthing connection in the LH rear panel but this would probably cause other lighting faults on the rear of the vehicle. The H/L light earths on two points which is probably why it is not affected

Thanks UNG. Appreciate you looking that up.

No, all the other lights on both rear clusters are working fine ...

Wouldn't the switch operated by the brake pedal be an obvious culprit if everything else works and BOTH brake lights don't work?

Reply to Zafira brake lights issue in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net