Discuss Zen Power solar panel help in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

F

flyingsparky

Hi all, we have a client with Zen Power panels on her roof. These were not supplied or fitted by us and the installer has long since disappeared.
One of the panels has a burnt out connection on the back, most probably caused by a poor connection.
does anyone know a distributor for Zen Power, or another panel matching the output and frame size (looks like it's only 30mm deep instead of 40mm).

Panel details:

ZEN Power KP 200Wp
Pmax 200 watt (+3%/1.5%)
Umpp 25.83V
Impp 7.79A
Uoc 32 5.1 V
Isc 8.27A

Any help much appreciated.

Clive

do you mean the connector like the MC4 connector, or the actual junction box with the diodes?

No idea on those panels, just wondering if it could be repaired though.

Hi Gavin,
The junction box on the back of the panel is pretty much ruined and I doubt if it could be repaired without replacing the whole box and inners. By the time we have done that it would be cheaper and quicker to fit a new panel. Its a shame it didn't have flyleads coming off the back as we could have just changed the plugs but this panel just has two sockets (not MC4) on the back.
thanks for your reply.

Clive

Hi Gavin,
The junction box on the back of the panel is pretty much ruined and I doubt if it could be repaired without replacing the whole box and inners. By the time we have done that it would be cheaper and quicker to fit a new panel. Its a shame it didn't have flyleads coming off the back as we could have just changed the plugs but this panel just has two sockets (not MC4) on the back.
thanks for your reply.

Clive

sounds like proper Chinese crap lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gavin,
thanks for your reply.

Clive

yeah it's not going to be the cheap option exactly, but if the company doesn't exist (?) and or the panels can't be sourced, then it could be an option if the rest tests out ok electrically.

yeah it's not going to be the cheap option exactly, but if the company doesn't exist (?) and or the panels can't be sourced, then it could be an option if the rest tests out ok electrically.
That's a good point. Zen still have a web presence but no list of suppliers. I could probably get another make with similar or most identical outputs but I think the frame size will be different.
At least your suggestion gives me options.

Hi Clive,

You could also give Segen a call.

They always seem to always have everything in stock.

I did look on their website as we have an account with them, but they make no mention of Zen on there. Might be worth a call though if I have no luck elsewhere. Thanks for the suggestion.

Clive

http://www.renugen.co.uk/content/So...0_watt_solar_panel_module_–_renugen.co.uk.pdf
Still struggling with this Zen Power panel. No one stocks them, Renugen (link Sibert Solar suggested) seem to have disappeared as the number no longer works and e-mails go unanswered. Segen cannot help.
I am just trying to find a 200 watt panel that has similar specs now, if you can suggest somewhere my client and I) would be very grateful.
Kind regards,
Clive

It has unusual dimensions: 1507 x 992 x 33

Not sure I've seen that before. Only 54 cells.

Is there a website somewhere which lists panels by dimensions? Is it possible to do it in PV-Sol?

You could try looking for the product in the MCS register and maybe that will lead to a BBA certificate and possibly the factory where it was made... I reckon its certification number might be: BBA 0146/08

Interestingly a search on the MCS website using the details from the MCS cert (mcs pv0036/02) brings up no information at all. It seems that Zen Power have gone forever, which isnt a bad thing, unless you happen to have some of them!

Come on Sparky - don't give up when things are just getting interesting!

How’s your Turkish?

Anel Enerji

The Turkish website was updated recently so I think the business is still operating so you may get some joy emailing their contacts:

Kurumsal İletişim Yöneticisi - Gökçe BABAYİĞİT / Tel: +90 216 636 20 79 /[email protected]
Kurumsal İletişim Uzmanı - Sandra ERDEMANAR / Tel: +90 216 636 22 01/ [email protected]

Their 205w panel seems to be very close to your Zen panel in terms of dimensions and voltages. Datasheet here:
http://www.enfsolar.com/ApolloF/solar/Product/pdf/Crystalline/5189bf9477f64.pdf

I don’t know how you get hold of one though! Possibly made in the same factory. Doubt they still make the 200w model but you never know.

Oh, I see "Tyco" on the datasheet so you might need to chop off the connectors at some stage or use MC4 adaptors.

Come on Sparky - don't give up when things are just getting interesting!

How’s your Turkish?

Anel Enerji

The Turkish website was updated recently so I think the business is still operating so you may get some joy emailing their contacts:

Kurumsal İletişim Yöneticisi - Gökçe BABAYİĞİT / Tel: +90 216 636 20 79 /[email protected]
Kurumsal İletişim Uzmanı - Sandra ERDEMANAR / Tel: +90 216 636 22 01/ [email protected]

Their 205w panel seems to be very close to your Zen panel in terms of dimensions and voltages. Datasheet here:
http://www.enfsolar.com/ApolloF/solar/Product/pdf/Crystalline/5189bf9477f64.pdf

I don’t know how you get hold of one though! Possibly made in the same factory. Doubt they still make the 200w model but you never know.

Oh, I see "Tyco" on the datasheet so you might need to chop off the connectors at some stage or use MC4 adaptors.

Go down the local kebab shop and get them to write an email for you lol

The kebab shop doesnt open till late so Ive sent an e-mail instead. Will let you know if I get a reply. Cant tell you how grateful I am for the help guys, thank you.

The panel may also be the Thermasol TSPV200 so you've got another avenue to explore...

The boring option might be to try and pick up one of these off ebay. Maybe the guy can remember where he got them from but they may have gone bust or be a bit dodgy judging from the feedback:

Solar Panels - Ideal Thermasol TSPV 205 PE ? Solar PV Collectors 205W | eBay

Tile Hub Limited
Unit 3 Tarnwater
Yealand Conyers
Carnforth
Lancashire
LA5 9RJ
United Kingdom

Phone:01524 737670
Email:[email protected]

Or maybe these guys:

Ideal Heating
P.O. Box 103
National Avenue
Kingston Upon Hull
HU5 4JN
T:
01482 492251

www.idealheating.com

Or even Jewson:

http://assets.jewson.co.uk/product-docs/9051/9051.pdf

Reply to Zen Power solar panel help in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net