Discuss Zones in bathrooms help! in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

isparky

Hi all, after a bit of advice. I have carried out a C/U change and of course a full test and inspection of the installation. In the bathroom there is a spur which is approx 2.4m from floor, but in line with the edge of the bath. It used to be for a heater but a plumber has now re-used the spur for the boiler. Am i right in thinking that because it is above 2.25m and outside the zones it is ok? The only thing i can find on sockets etc is that it must be 3m horizontally from zone 1. If it does not meet the regs is it a case of registering this on the electrical installation certificate in the comments section or moving it completely should the client wish to pay?

thanks
ben

From your description, it sounds like Zone 3, so should be alright for fixed equipment. Of course, a pic or drawing would help.
It is down to you to clarify, as you will be putting the comments in the box. *If an existing Installation, then I dont think you need to do anything unless you can see that it is unsafe.
Alan.

above 2.25m ( think it's that without looking it up, as i work in english measurements ft.&in.) it's outside zones and so can be left. even if it's in zone 2, should not be a problem.

Reply to Zones in bathrooms help! in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Got an awkward bathroom fan installation in a downstairs flat, concrete ceilings and (some) walls. Bathroom is already fully tiled and...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a client with a small caravan site, approx 5 hookups. His old toilet block was nothing much more than an old shed. He's now 'upgraded'...
Replies
Views
Rewiring an old farm cottage… every wall brick and previous wiring not done well at all. I can’t locate any of the prescribed zones diagrams on...
Replies
Views
Hello, a friend has asked about fitting an electrically heated towel rail in their bathroom. The location is on the wall opposite the bath in a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock