Discuss £15 for a packet of cigarettes by 2020 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well it did for me, if it gets hard go and stand outside a busy pub and breve in the air at some point you will think I'm going to have a cig are this stinks, I went for 40 a day to 0 just went cold turkey no patches or help just stopped , shouted at every one for for about a month then one day all was ok

Well,i managed to jack in crack,coke,lsd,ludes,uppers,downers,weed,ketamine and nitrous.......and then crystal-meth come along...:sailor:

By 2020 it will be about £23 for 20 ciggarettes and £40 for an e-cigarette...£2.80 for a can of pepsi and £1.90 for a treat size mars bar...and the huge influx of people will see the end of the nhs and £400 a month medical insurance just like in the US, the main difference will be that you won't get free family medical insurance with your job like a lot of employers do in the US ... Sweden and iceland it's about £30 to book an appointment for a chat with your doctor, thats coming here too..

....yes the goverment rakes in loads of tax from cigarettes, in fact between 2013-2014 taxation on cigarettes was 77% on the price of a pack of 20.
The tax is probably higher than that. I pay the equivalent of 45 pence for a pack of 20 at todays supermarket prices and if I buy cigarettes illegally imported from a neighbouring country via a street vendor they're about 35p per packet. I can guarantee you our government is also taxing the --- of cigarettes so I'd bet the cost price of the packet before tax is <20p.

I used to smoke 40 a day, stopped cold turkey 7 years ago as wanted to pack it in on my own terms, not at the say so of the government. Still, they reckon reformed smokers are worse than never-smokeders so I'm not gonna bang the drum. If somebody wants to smoke that's their prerogative, but I agree with the recent 'banned in cars with children in' and feel that children should not be subject to it in anyway.

Day 2 off the smokes, hope I don't crack.

Just keep telling yourself the suffering you are going through is wasted if you light up.
Take it one smoke at a time. It can be done, I kept a smoke packet in my pocket for about two years after I chucked it.

but I agree with the recent 'banned in cars with children in' and feel that children should not be subject to it in anyway.

I agree with you on this and I smoke. I don't smoke in the house as well. Go to the back door to have a smoke...... ( That sounds soooo wrong.... )

Just keep telling yourself the suffering you are going through is wasted if you light up.
Take it one smoke at a time. It can be done, I kept a smoke packet in my pocket for about two years after I chucked it.
Yeah, still off them since July, been down this road before gave up for 11 years and started again.!!

With all the new laws and the ever increasing price I think it takes more willpower to be a smoker nowadays than it does to quit.

i remember my Grandad having a tin of home made tobacco, he bough leaves from a local farmer and cured them somehow around the fire place.
no toxic stuff added by cigarette companies. grow your own time?

Reply to £15 for a packet of cigarettes by 2020 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net