Discuss 17th Addition Electrician in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
WTF is a 17th Addition Electrician? I've just seen a job advert for this through an agency. The pay was also crap at 11.50 p/h.

It just goes to show that the agencies do not have a clue about the industry they are supplying with labour!

Rant over.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

I'll tell you what a 17th Addition electrician is when you tell me what an NICEIC registered electrician is?

I was contacted regarding a role for a test and inspection manager but I need to be 17th edition and NICEIC registered as an electrician apparently??

Crazy.

lol Some of the agencys are asking for some crackin qualifications n paying wallies
The broo offered to put me on a CIS Course at a cost of £200 to help me get on site I asked what it was to be told safety qualification Then 1 other guy n me just got up n went to walk out
Iv even seen an advert for 18th edition electrician

I'll tell you what a 17th Addition electrician is when you tell me what an NICEIC registered electrician is?

I was contacted regarding a role for a test and inspection manager but I need to be 17th edition and NICEIC registered as an electrician apparently??

Crazy.

With some of the rubbish that the NICEIC come out with some people think that they write the regs and not the IET.

Like this job advert?
The ideal candidate will be an apprentice served electrician and
possess the following:-

Minimum City and Guilds Part (1) in electrical engineering

A working knowledge of 3 phase and single supplies

17th / 18th Edition IEE regulations

Knowledge of conveyor plc controls and DC drives

Pneumatics and Hydraulic systems an advantage but not critical

At least 3 years experience in a similar hands on role.

Full Driving Licence.
LocationWakefield, West Yorkshire
Job TypeContract
Contract LengthN/A
Salary/Rate£20000 - £23000/annum package

go to cv library and search for "18th electrician" its the 2nd job advertised. Are you going to apply?
If I can get my time machine to work i'll apply
Geoff you look a lot like god...oops I mean Lemmy ....or are they one and the same person hehe

I've noticed over time that a lot of you guys despise agencies!

Speaking for myself, I've got work through 1 or 2 now and they've seen me well right. Obviously they take their cut, but fair enough, they got me some decent jobs which I wouldn't have had a clue about otherwise.

As for them not having a clue about the industries they're dealing with, give them a bit of slack, they're just trying to fill vacancies that employers approach them to fill, with the information they provide. They must deal with a large range of trades etc so you can't expect them to know everything.

ps, I'm not friendly with any recruitment persons.

These ad's are all written by pen pushers. They don't have a clue, but think holding the 17th edition qualification which is no more than an exam on how to use a book makes you an Electrician.......the mind boggles and these pen pushers are usually "Under Graduates" god help us.

Cheers..........Howard

Reply to 17th Addition Electrician in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net