Discuss 18th Edition Full Course Or Update in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Whatever length course you take depends on the training centre, is the long and the short of it.
If a place wants all its candidates to sit a three day course that is their choice and their business decision.

I hold the 17th to amd1 and will not be sitting any course, just taking the exam only, as arranged with a local training centre.
Hi Andy where are you doing the exam at ? Thanks

Whatever length course you take depends on the training centre, is the long and the short of it.
If a place wants all its candidates to sit a three day course that is their choice and their business decision.

I hold the 17th to amd1 and will not be sitting any course, just taking the exam only, as arranged with a local training centre.

My guys told me the one day course is literally just the exam.

The exam is only 2 hours max ? What did they do the rest of the day ?
I assumed a one day would go over the changes only whilst a full course would go through the whole regs.

I will ask again tomorrow but it was something like 10:00 registration then 12:00-14:00 exam. 15:00 results.

Nope. All C&G courses.

It is a load of crap and I was told that I cannot book the one day course. I said they were talking rubbish and the three day course is completely OTT and I will be doing the one day course. They said the risk is with me then. No issues there.
They probably made an exception for you because none of the tutors could face the prospect of 10 weeks of you sitting at the back of the room shaking your head and disagreeing with everything on principle.

I've just passed the 18th today via a one day update.
My quals are 17th amd 1. I had no issue with the exam, nor did the centre with me not being amd 3. TBH I only looked at the book yesterday as it was lent to me. I felt the update course was concise enough to pass.
So dont worry.

I think this stuff about the AMD3 is a red herring.....

If you have the 17th , then the next step is the 18th ...........if the candidate wants to "risk" the 1 day course/ exam or exam only, surely its up to them.

I think this stuff about the AMD3 is a red herring.....

If you have the 17th , then the next step is the 18th ...........if the candidate wants to "risk" the 1 day course/ exam or exam only, surely its up to them.

Agreed. They put that in there to make a few quid to those that will just take things as read.

Three days is a joke for a practicing electrician.

My quals are 17th amd 1. I had no issue with the exam, nor did the centre with me not being amd 3. TBH I only looked at the book yesterday as it was lent to me. I felt the update course was concise enough to pass.
So dont worry.
So dont worry.
Where did you do the exam at? Thanks

very worrying!;)

But this fact about being SE doesn't figure with the idiots making these decisions ...

Its a bit like saying nobody can take their driving test without having 50 lessons first ..............
... Or fly an aeroplane solo without 40 hours flying time...
The regs exam is an exam on looking things up in a book; the book could be on anything, it doesn't prove that any knowledge of the subject has been retained by the candidate. If you've had to sit through 10 weeks of hearing about it in a classroom there's a good chance some of it will have sunk in.

Go on Neil, you know where the button is.

So dont worry.
So dont worry.
Where did you do the exam at? Thanks
A place near Rochdale in the north west. £220 all in. I can find you a contact if your local to it.

Reply to 18th Edition Full Course Or Update in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net