Discuss 25A MCB on 2.5mm kitchen radial in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Well credit to the OP he has admitted there mistake, now looking at ways of getting it correct with minimal inconvenience.

I am sure we would all usually install a 32 amp circuit for a kitchen, unless we knew other wise what was going to be used in it.

A 25amp MCB may just be the answer they need to sort out the problem.

Because if you remove some of the sockets as well it stops her indooors plugging in too many fancy appliances then expecting me to pay the bills for it all ..... :love:

you buy her these:

fire.jpegdolly.jpeg7353.jpg

BS 7671 radials for 13amp sockets are 20amp wired in 2.5mm2 or 32amp wired in 4mm2 why are you considering using a 25amp cb?

I'm afraid i may be over 20A maybe 22-23A. I understand its not the best way around it, but I was checking if it is possible. For the cable to withstand the loading

I would seriously recommend the Guy stick in 2 20 amp circuits and forget all about it, well after testing certification and Part Peeing of course.

check out the time/current curves of 20A MCB. at 25 A should give her time enough to burn the dinner.

Well credit to the OP he has admitted there mistake, now looking at ways of getting it correct with minimal inconvenience.

I am sure we would all usually install a 32 amp circuit for a kitchen, unless we knew other wise what was going to be used in it.

A 25amp MCB may just be the answer they need to sort out the problem.

Thanks for the help, I have never thought of even putting in a ring and never have done in a domestic situation, just how I have always been told. So a 25amp MCB will be SAFE for the cable?

Thanks for the help, I have never thought of even putting in a ring
Not trying to be difficult or sarcastic Joey but that suprises me, I have never heard anyone not be trained in installing a ring main in a domestic setting. To be honest it is standard and school boy stuff. Out of interest Pal who trained you? a company or an individual?

Not trying to be difficult or sarcastic Joey but that suprises me, I have never heard anyone not be trained in installing a ring main in a domestic setting. To be honest it is standard and school boy stuff. Out of interest Pal who trained you? a company or an individual?

Small company. Yeah seems to be the case, radials throughout the property. I obviously know how to wire a ring main, but never do them.

Small company. Yeah seems to be the case, radials throughout the property. I obviously know how to wire a ring main, but never do them.
Ah I see, so the guy or Guys you worked with just liked to install radials hense your method in this kitchen? anyhow No biggie, just wondered.

but not remembering whether he read it in the osg or the beano has nothing to do with qualifications. more like altzeimers. i can't remember what happened yesterday sometimes. OK if i've been on the beer, but when 100% sober, it's frightening. what was the question?

I wasn't going to defend my statement, I no longer practice our trade, retirement and a slight immobility prevents me and has done for a few years, I try and keep up to date with the current trends and changes, I wont stoop so low as to say " when I said I had read it somewhere" I assumed as we are all adults it would be understood that I meant BS7671. As for my profile I can assure you that what I said in my application is correct and I take offence at someone disputing this end of rant and end of subject as far as I'm concerned.

Reply to 25A MCB on 2.5mm kitchen radial in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net