Discuss 3 63 amp RCDs on same circiut in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

SO many unanswered questions on this, or questions that need to be asked. Have you considered getting another sparks in to do this one on your behalf? You sound a little out of your depth.

okay think ive found the faulty circuit, i did IR and got 223 on E - N and L - N }500 set on 500v. its a light cicriut 1.5mm

223 & 500 what Ω or MΩ

I think you need to consider involving some one with a little more knowledge than yourself in the best interests of all concerned

Sounds like a non sensicle installation. 100A RCD feeding 63A RCD all 30mA instant... Why? you have discrimination issue immediately. The second MCB seems to serve no purpose - could just be a MCB.

200 odd MOhms is a perfectly acceptable value, so not sure how you can claim that to be the fault when clearly so many other issues seem to exist. Do the maths, and you'll see why it's not going to be an IR value of 200M that's causing a 30mA RCD to trip.

Do you have an IR tester? as what you are discribing could well be an underlying low resistance that on its own is not enougth to cause a tripping situation, but when a suden increase in load is seen it unbalences the RCD. (this is very common)

Correct! You know your stuff mate! #cheers

Reply to 3 63 amp RCDs on same circiut in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Been a while since I have been on here. I have been on an apprenticeship the last 3 years training in the BMS world. Taking that into...
Replies
Views
Cant get my head round this :( I understand N-E faults cause RCD's to trip, but I cant understand why on these 2 occasions, googled allover but...
Replies
Views
Hello! I've been racking my brain this evening about some RCD selections. I've been doing some work for a solar installer, and they've asked me...
Replies
Views
Hi all, There's 2 single fan ovens in the house my mother recently moved into. Posh elecronic AEG units. It's been sat empty for a year, so the...
Replies
Views
An RCD keeps tripping. Please see attached photo of the board (2 photos attached). I’ll call the breakers: MCB (1) marked ‘Upstairs lighting’...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock