Discuss 3 Ph Load test in server room in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys
I'm new to the forum, self employed installer.
Recently done my 2391 but now have a customer who wants his server room load tested, 3 phase DB.
The 2391 course didnt cover this obviously, and I have no experience of load / probe test kit.
He is looking to log the load per phase, load on load off.
Can anyone point me to information on what test kit is required and procedure?
thanks
John

Depend if you want to log it over a period of time or if you just want an instantaneous snapshot.
For measuring it over time you would need a datalogger and some CT's around the phase conductors.

Thanks for the replies.
Yeah , he's looking to have it logged over at least a 12hr period.
I have as clamp meter but he is looking for something more exact.
thanks

Reply to 3 Ph Load test in server room in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, first post so go easy! This is for people who are looking for more info on the course and exams and is from my experience of doing the...
Replies
Views
I don't normally get involved with domestic work but this job is for a family member so I cant Simpley say no. the house is a large property with...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I've joined today because I'm after some advice from people in the field about what requirements are necessary and what maybe considered a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Not going to lie I am crapping my self for my AM2 exam on Monday Morning at 8:00. So I just need a few questions answered:- tell me...
Replies
Views
Morning fellow practicioners of the dark art we call ELEKTRICKARY , I have recently been ask by a close freind if i thought his electric bill...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock