Discuss 30,000 Members - Well Done! in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
Well done to all on this fantastic milestone, we've reached just over 30,000 members today!

:)

Goes to show how welcoming the place is to newer members.

Keep up the good work people.

nice to know when you get something right. think the well done is more deserved by you,Dan, for setting up the forum in the first place, and to the mods who, apart from impounding knowledge, keep the forum well run.

Mostly the mods to be honest. I've never had much to do with this forum due to me knowing jack about electrics (well, very very little). Luke Scotty started it, and Jason soon took over. But it's a collective thing. Just having mods here would be boring, it's the fact that there are 10's of thousands (I like the sound of that) contributing to the place that make it work for so many more in the future.

This forum is set to overtake all the others, the only stat you haven't beat across our network is the post count, tilersforums has a lot more posts from the fewer members. So get your posts up a lot! lol - No junk though please. :)

If I installed an article thing, do you think you'd all have things to add to it (it would always need to be written by you and contain no more than 50% of "quoted" work of others. Sort of like how the news companies quote each others articles, that's okay, but you'd have to write more than half of it yourself. No things you've bought off eBay and nothing copyright to others. Just a thought.

just goes to show, tilers spend more time talking than working. LOL. no offence meant.

why weve got your attention, how about something else that another member suggested?
a single login for all of the forums? even if we had to ask to be added to them, so you could montior your members of each seperate forum?
If our username is already used, then we would have to come up with something for that.
what do you think?

Well done Dan, Jason, Lenny, Sintra and Phil for making this the most addictive forum out there.

A brilliant place for knowledge, friendship and a bit of banter thrown in. Hand on heart I will say that I'm a better electrician because of the forum and the advise of its members than what I was before and its great to pass on my own experiences and know how to others, let's keep it up (just like Kate will say to William tonight ;))

Thanks to the mod's admin and of course the sponsers 30.000 thats some buying power! (take note sponsers!)
who's going to bre the first to offer special deals?

Thanks to the mod's admin and of course the sponsers 30.000 thats some buying power! (take note sponsers!)
who's going to bre the first to offer special deals?
sure you're not scottish?

If I installed an article thing, do you think you'd all have things to add to it (it would always need to be written by you and contain no more than 50% of "quoted" work of others. Sort of like how the news companies quote each others articles, that's okay, but you'd have to write more than half of it yourself. No things you've bought off eBay and nothing copyright to others. Just a thought.

Is the article thing your talking about like on the Buildingforum??

Contractor Information - Contractor Articles

thanks to the members, and dan, dave, jason, lenny, sintra and the mods before me. we have together produced a great forum and a community. I have had the pleasure of meeting a few of you as well. I for one have learnt more in here than i did at college. I don`t reckon there is too many questions that could be asked that between us that we could not answer. we have got some catching up to do for Daves post count on the tilers forum though :D 45, 000+ posts

but, surely quality is better than quantity ( maybe as kate middleton would say tonight ) . rather read 1 good post than 100 crap ones.

oh and btw, Phil, just taken delivery od a leatherback dragon today. well chuffed.

Last edited:
Just carrying on from what Dan has said,

Without you guys, this place wouldnt exist!

I feel we have built up an excellent reputation, mainly from our firm but fair policy, alongside many members keeping an eye on things and letting us know if anything is getting "lively" or reporting spam.

It is a pleasure working here and bantering with everyone.

I have also learnt a lot from you guys, but thats mainly just bad habits. :D

Thanks again fellas, and long may it continue!!!

it's a really good blend of useful info and light-hearted banter. it's a good balance , not always easy to get it right.

Reply to 30,000 Members - Well Done! in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net