Discuss 431.2.1 again in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jeffmo65

Commercial scenario :
lets say 54m , mmm ok 16amp OCPD, mmm ok at 52m I think I will put a 20amp D/P isolator , humour me I will go on . Actually oh dear I've ran out of 4mm T/E , tell you what I will just use 2.5mm instead . Anybody see an issue , cable clear run on open spacious cable tray no influences just straight clear run .
I just know that someone will say it's fine cos 2.5mm will take 25 odd amps .
Conversations requested guys

Sorry guys not sure really what you mean . If I've broken some rules then I apologise . Oh and the cable size is after the isolator NOT A FUSED SPUR by the way

Lol , don't worry about it , some start posts like this as a wind up , but it has fallen out of favour in the last few days.

Oh don't worry about VD it's irrelevent ............ Isn't it . Let's see 2.5mm ooh about 40m max . 4mm what about 60 odd . Oh B type MCB BS60898 Schneider acti 9 10ka . Oh bugger lets just put the last few meters in 2.5mm

Hi Dillb . Well this is purely a scenario but I would have thought that the length if you were to carry on from isolator with 4mm then great but this wasn't the question . I've seen lots of installations where other sparks have ran circuit in X cable to an isolator then for some unbeknown reason dropped to cable Y . My question is why not run the whole lot in cable Y if it's ok to use this on the last few meters . I think not . What's your thoughts ?.....??????

Reply to 431.2.1 again in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
Hello there I have just installed a new Solis S6-GR1P3.6K-M-DC Inverter - this replaced a 10 year old+ Sungrow inverter that failed/out of...
Replies
Views
Hi all just here as an enthusiastic learner/diyer to gain knowledge and help on bits and bobs At the moment I am confused I have a new single...
Replies
Views
I have a pressure washer that I got as part of "a good deal", actually an exceedingly good deal as I later found out. I've had it a while, I guess...
Replies
Views
This from a while ago but reading about everyone elses problems tonight made me remember this one. The original job was the lights in a recent...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock