Discuss 55 plate Vauxhall Combo in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sanke

Help please
I have a 55 plate combo whilst driving along today the battery light began to flash I have also noticed that the tripometer/odometer is no longer illuminated Unfortunately I do not have an owners manual so cannot check much Has anyone got any ideas as to what might be the problem ?? :confused:
I have pulled all the fuses and they all seem okay

Sounds like an alternator fault to me or possibly a problem with the engine earth strap

Unless it has been difficult to start I don't think the battery is the problem although the battery could be discharged if the alternator has not been producing a good output recently

No difficulty in starting Always starts first time It has only started flashing today but like all of us I rely on it for work so getting me a bit worried :(

I would check the alternator output

To do it put a connect multimeter on the battery and measure the volltage it should be about 12 to 12.5 volts if you then start the engine the voltage should increase to between 13.8 to 14.8 volts if it does put the headlights on and check that the voltage stays between 13.8 - 14.8 v while revving the engine

With the battery light flashing I would suspect a jammed or worn out brush in the alternator

Edit

Just had another thought it could be something simple like the alternator belt is about to fail

Last edited:

Reply to 55 plate Vauxhall Combo in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

The previous owners of our property had non in ground rated electrical hardwired into the basement from an outdoor submerged pond fountain...
Replies
Views
Need some help please. Got a brain teaser for my first post. My pool pump motor cratered over 4th of July. It was working fine and started to...
Replies
Views
Hi, i currently drive rice a Vauxhall Combo 1.7 DTI and feel I need more space as everything is crammed in, plus I'd like to fit a new van out...
Replies
Views
D
Hi, i have for sale my combo in red, its done 60,000 miles and had 1 previous owner (royal mail) selling as packing in the game. its got 12 months...
Replies
Views
Akina
A
B
HI.... I have a 2006 Zafira 1.9 CDTI SRi. Done 120k. I havnt had this for long only about 6 weeks and i have rarely been able to drive it!! When...
Replies
Views
SirKit Breaker
S

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock