Discuss A Clean Supply in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been asked to install some sockets purely for IT equipment, but they want it off a 'clean supply'.

What would you define as a clean supply?

Thank you.

Carl.

Usually it means an independent circuit with nothing else on it and where possible taken from the fuseboard nearest the incoming supply.

Basically don't extend the local ring circuit.

Check your supply to the IT equipment complies with regulation regarding loads with high earth currents.

Thanks.

Going back to the incomer is not possible, its a big cash and carry warehouse and the run would be too big. There is a db near by which is straight off the incomer with plenty of spares. If i ran the sockets off this board on there own circuit would this pass?

should be OK. and if it gives the IT geeks a few headaches, that would be a bonus.

As long as its on its own circuit, its fine. I install clean supplies for comms rack this way all the time. The UPS will plug into this supply in the comms rack, if they want one..

Hello,

I have been asked to install some sockets purely for IT equipment, but they want it off a 'clean supply'.

What would you define as a clean supply?

Thank you.

Carl.

Clean supply, or clean earth?? Best find out what the companies IT dept actually want, they may already have dedicated so-called clean supply DB/Panel from which they want these sockets supplied from...

Reply to A Clean Supply in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net