Discuss A lighting CB wont re-set and shower CB rating query. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

No, no insulation. It is a short run as the new bathroom on other side of the cupboard housing the board. Both are on the ground floor, so loft doesn't come into it. No insulation in ceiling above the bathroom. No grouping of cables either. I did consider all this and that is why plumped for the 50a. My mistake to confuse the issue by stating originally it was a 9.5kw. I guess the SE guy assumed it to be a 9.5kw thought too. Glenn, I appreciate you taking the time to even respond and check what I've done. I realise that I've sound like a real muppet and obviously can't go up against you guys for knowledge and wouldn't even try but apart from initial testing of the unchanged circuits I have been careful re the installation & testing afterwards. Full testing to be done on Friday to try and sort the tripping.

No, no insulation. It is a short run as the new bathroom on other side of the cupboard housing the board. Both are on the ground floor, so loft doesn't come into it. No insulation in ceiling above the bathroom. No grouping of cables either. I did consider all this and that is why plumped for the 50a. My mistake to confuse the issue by stating originally it was a 9.5kw. I guess the SE guy assumed it to be a 9.5kw thought too. Glenn, I appreciate you taking the time to even respond and check what I've done. I realise that I've sound like a real muppet and obviously can't go up against you guys for knowledge and wouldn't even try but apart from initial testing of the unchanged circuits I have been careful re the installation & testing afterwards. Full testing to be done on Friday to try and sort the tripping.
not a muppit mate and none of us know it all.....iam still green mate....just if altering circuits then inspection and then testing should follow....as for the cable run....your post didn`t mention about the method and any grouping so i was going a bit blind but in this case use a 50A...it will be ok although i suspect that this 10.5KW shower will not be used up to full potential and as such may not pull enough current to affect a 40A.........

Reply to A lighting CB wont re-set and shower CB rating query. in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net