Currently reading:
Access 2 Trade Careers Closing Down

Discuss Access 2 Trade Careers Closing Down in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
I've heard through the grape vine that Access2 Trade Careers are closing down.

So please do try to get your money back if they have some of yours. And please do NOT book with them if you haven't done so already.

Hi everyone, I finished week 4 of the professional electricians course at ACCES2 T C the friday before it all colapsed.
That left me to find a way to sit the C&G2391 theory exam. I have just done the exam but C&G won't clarify whether or not a claim has been put forward on my behalf for the 2391 practical and the 2377. If any of you have worked for ACCESS perhaps you might know if the paper work is sent off immediately the week is complete or could it still be lost in a filing cabinet or computer drive somewhere inside the building at Hartlebury.

As far as I am aware the compliance centre in Southampton has contact with the exam board to make them aware if anyone has passed exams or practicals. The hard copies of the results were saved on the computer in the building and the guys at Southampton had access to our files so as soon as we saved the results they could view it. They were usually prompt in nagging us if we were slow imputting results on the database so I would hope that they have sent your results to C&G. However due to the problems going on at that time I don't know if the compliance centre was affected (Us guys at the training centre were the last to know!)

Thanks Flo,
I take it you worked there....I'm so sorry for what happened to you guys.
Every member of staff I came into contact with there was brilliant. Hope youi
all get re-settled soon.

Best regards Steve

Thanks Flo,
I take it you worked there....I'm so sorry for what happened to you guys.
Every member of staff I came into contact with there was brilliant. Hope youi
all get re-settled soon.

Best regards Steve

Hi Steve, how did the 2391 theory exam go?
Were there any questions in there which you weren't sure about or did we get it all covered in class?

P.S
If anyone wants to employ a tutor let me know. ;)

I thought we had perfect preperation.
Section A had one or two ambiguous questions but as
these were only three points I wasn't too worried.
Basically with EIC MEIWC PIR SoI , SoTR and Earth
Fault loop diagrams ommitted to memory. GN3 well read
you should have all the info you need. Ofcourse I haven't
had the results back yet.
Personally I went through many past papers time after
time. I attempted a paper and if not 100% right I would
read relevant sections of GN3 then re do the whole paper.
I kept doing this until 100% was achieved then move onto
another paper. After going through them all I went back
through them all again to make sure the info was sticking.

hi all has anyone got a letter from barcleys yet. i have phoned and email them and told letter is on the way, but still not receved yet. just trying to see if anyone has got the letter.
thanks for your help.

Hi,

I've received a couple ofletters from Barclays, one a couple of days after A2TC stopped trading and an undate a week later both stating they are looking into other avenues to continue the course and in the meantime to keep up payments.

Nothing since the insolvency practioner has been apointed.

Darren

Hello,

I signed up for Access 2 Trade mid November 09 and was just about to take my first piratical two weeks before it went into liquidation, so luckily I was not up there when it happened, wasting money and holiday time for nothing.

Obviously the news was shocking and disappointing!

Anyway, I paid the full amount up front, all my savings etc. I decided to pay it off on credit card for the extra protection 'just in case' then paid my credit card off in full the next month.

As soon as I got the news I called up and made a claim to my credit card company. Today I just received everything back in full!! *wipes sweat off fore head*.

I know this does not really 'help' anybody, but if you did pay on credit card, then there is a good chance you will get the money back. Its a totally different contract to the Barclay loan (even though my credit card is with Barclays).

Anyway, best of luck for everybody!! Really hope you all sort something out.

Anyway, for me its back to the researching and deciding which other company to trust with my money and give my training!

Baz

Hello,

I signed up for Access 2 Trade mid November 09 and was just about to take my first piratical two weeks before it went into liquidation, so luckily I was not up there when it happened, wasting money and holiday time for nothing.

Anyway, I paid the full amount up front, all my savings etc. I decided to pay it off on credit card for the extra protection 'just in case' then paid my credit card off in full the next month.

As soon as I got the news I called up and made a claim to my credit card company. Today I just received everything back in full!! *wipes sweat off fore head*.

I know this does not really 'help' anybody, but if you did pay on credit card, then there is a good chance you will get the money back. Its a totally different contract to the Barclay loan (even though my credit card is with Barclays).

Anyway, for me its back to the researching and deciding which other company to trust with my money and give my training!

Baz

Try you local college, they don't very often bust!
Plus they can quite often point you in the right direction for jobs etc.
Some do evening classes that can fit round working

Jim

hi all, i was about to sit week3 of the electrical with access 2 trade when i got the news about it shutting down.and as were you all not very pleased. I have paid nothing yet as was on 1 years interest free loan so willhave to pay full ammount soon. today have got a letter from barcleys saying they were in talks with a company to finish my training not sure if it was just a letter to reasure me for a while and just get my money . i have been onto the phone with them many times but no joy of getting out of the agreement with them. would also like to hear from others who have this letter

Hello,

Baz
Hey,
I have just seen your post here and i to have a similar situation.My years intrest free with Barclays ended at almost the same time as this crapy news broke so i payed by c/card rather than cheque for a bit of "security",i could raise a case with my c/card provider but would barclays not still be looking for thier ££ from me??Any info you could give me would be appreciated as i dont seem to getting any further with this.

Hey,
I have just seen your post here and i to have a similar situation.My years intrest free with Barclays ended at almost the same time as this crapy news broke so i payed by c/card rather than cheque for a bit of "security",i could raise a case with my c/card provider but would barclays not still be looking for thier ££ from me??Any info you could give me would be appreciated as i dont seem to getting any further with this.

I've been following what people have been saying on here and have finally got some paperwork from PKF regarding Access going into Administration.

I enrolled in August 2008 and went with the Barclays finance nothing to pay for a year, then I paid that off with 2 x 0% credit cards, but for many reasons only recently started the course properly.

Now i'm wondering where I stand regarding a refund from the credit card company, any ideas before I start ringing them.

Any help will be gratefully received as i'm not sure whether to wait for Barclays to come up with an alternative or just do something completely different.

Sean

Last edited by a moderator:
It appears that PKF have found a buyer. I have called them to see if they know if the buyer will keep the centre open, they don't know yet as the contract has not been signed. This is the official press release:
Press release from PKF (UK) LLP
2 March 2010
Boost for students as training deal nears​
Administrators from accountants and business advisers PKF in Birmingham have agreed terms with two separate operators to buy the interests of Hagley-based Advent Computer Training and Access 2 Careers.
It is anticipated that many of the students caught up in the collapse of two Midland training companies are set to see their futures secured. It is further hoped that other students can expect similar news soon.
PKF partners Ian Gould and Brian Hamblin were appointed last month to run the firms while a purchaser was sought.
Advent Computer Training, established in 2002, provided IT training to over 8,000 students, while Access 2 Careers, formed in 2004, offered plumber and electrician training for up to more than 3,000.
Mr Gould said:​
.We have agreed sales of the businesses subject to contract, with two
separate training organisations and also with one of the major funders involved.

.​
This covers the interests of a considerable number of the students affected who should be able to continue their studies soon.

Got my first written correspondence from any one today - from Barclays in response to the second letter I sent requesting to know what was going on. Stated they were in talks with other training providers and should have an outcome soon. I have just phoned them to request details of these training providers which I was informed they could not give me. Asked them what they thought was a reasonable time to get this sorted and the reply was "should be sorted within a year but hopefully sooner". My letter whilst it had the correct address had someone elses name on it. All in all considering Barclays are such a big outfit, the service is ****e.

I completed Module 2 of the electricians course on 15/1/2010 and blurb from access says you should get your certificates in about 6 weeks. Then on 27/1/2010 we get the going into administration announcement so thats about two weeks after completing module.
Its now about 8 weeks and no certificates so i contact EAL and they say i am registered and have passed the exam but my training provider has not claimed my certificate and they have no info on any of the 8 units required (module 1 and 2 practical weeks) and they cant issue a certificate on an exam pass only. They suggest i contact another exam provider to see if they can help, so i do, they say without evidence i will have to do a course again at full cost which is a real pain.
I have asked the administrators if they can send a copy of my evidence portfolio to me or to the other provider to avoid any tampering issues but have had no response.

Has any one else been down a similar route ? and how long does it take ? any advice would be appreciated. All i want is my certificate which i think i am entitled to as i cant say i have the qualification without it.

Hello, newbie to forums - just had to do some random posting to be allowed to reply here.

I did set a group on Facebook but theres only 3 other members as well as myself, so I don't know how people have been getting on as theres only 1 other member thats posted anything.

After reading this I am in the same situation with the people who took the loan through Barclays.

I've had a letter today from BPF and one from OLCI Contruction Training confirming everything and I am considering either Nottingham or Leeds.

I start did look into OLCI when I were first choosing a course. I stopped because Access called, with news that I'd passed a credit check with Barclays and I didn't want to keep having credit searches, so I stuck with Access. So I was wondering if anyone knew whether OLCI were any good?

And how's everyone else getting on?

Any news for those who didn't take out a finance agreement?

(Sorry it's such an essay)

Reply to Access 2 Trade Careers Closing Down in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

Electrical Courses

This is the main Electrical Courses at ElectriciansForums.net. Find local recommended electricians courses. Avoid training "company" scams. Always go view the training centre before booking any electrical courses.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock